• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You Calling Me a Cult?

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst enjoying a trip to SJP last weekend and asked was I writing anything I mentioned a project I had at home I've titled 'Are You Calling Me a Cult", which basically was a book on League of Ireland/Irish National team players. It then occurred to me that nobody (to my knowledge and those I asked) has done a book on say a dozen, or maybe more Cult Heroes for Exeter City.
Then upon delving more it seems a huge amount of English Clubs have 'Cult Hero' books that have been published...including SaturdaY's opponents Carlisle. Jimmy Glass anyone?
Of course you have to define cult. I've been asked to do a book on Sean Devine , which might be interesting, but I don't think Sean would be classed a cult. Flacky probably would.
It's as much Tony Kellow as it is to say Bertie Cozic . It's the guy who has endeared himself to the fans as much as the sub who has spent 10 years at the club and getting about 15 minutes playing time but not wanting to leave.
My support of the club only goes back, say 25 years, so not sure would I be the guy to write it, but if there was a way , an interest, and access to those involved it might be fun. Or maybe somebody would take up the possible project.
My only interest (either that or the Sean Devine project) would be to write, sell it (christmas 2016 or start season 2017)and make the Trust/Club a few quid.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would Devine be in the 'cult' catagory Bri? I wish he'd done better with that cross at Old Trafford, then he would have qualified!

arthur

Would Devine be in the 'cult' catagory Bri? I wish he'd done better with that cross at Old Trafford, then he would have qualified!
It was at SJP not Old Trafford

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
It was at SJP not Old Trafford
Southenders! :x

PeteUSA

What was that effort at Old Trafford then, when Howard was beaten and somebody just couldnt get a toe to a low cross from the right?

STURTZ

What was that effort at Old Trafford then, when Howard was beaten and somebody just couldnt get a toe to a low cross from the right?
That was Devine! and yes it was at The Park not Old Trafford.

Rabid Doug

Not sure City have enough heroes to form a cult

contrabombarde

Why not write about Plymouth Argyle and their supporters? There's no shortage of cults there.

Silver fox

Why not write about Plymouth Argyle and their supporters? There's no shortage of cults there.
I think you'll find there ****s contra :)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would Devine be in the 'cult' catagory Bri?
If you read the whole OP the answer is there !!