• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil "Twansfers"

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Terry Skiverton has publicly thanked the supporters who suggested via Twitter that Yeovil sign Keiran Agard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13902298.stm

Can't see City operating this way - not Tis & Perryman's style. But could it work?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well Tisdale gets all his coaches to buy the players so why not?

On a serious note I don't see anything wrong with Skiverton's tactic here, nothing wrong with thinking outside the box a little. He is also placing the blame back in the hands of the fans should anything go wrong. That's classic Tisdale so they have something in common.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would assume that a lot of managers would be too stubborn to take fans' advice on potential signings. Fair play to Skiverton for breaking the mould but should Agard turn out to be a pile of poo then twansfers may not be around for long.

dommers

I would assume Skiverton was intending to sign this player anyway although sees this as an opportunity for some good PR by praising the fans for something that was already happening.

ecfc01

Lets be honest one player does not mean f*ck all at the moment, Yeovil fans are worried 7 players under contract ... bad news at this stage

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would assume Skiverton was intending to sign this player anyway although sees this as an opportunity for some good PR by praising the fans for something that was already happening.
Sounds plausible. Yeovil seem to be outdoing us in the 'making the close season interesting' stakes, but I won't lose any sleep over that.

Grecian_Jay

Sounds plausible. Yeovil seem to be outdoing us in the 'making the close season interesting' stakes, but I won't lose any sleep over that.
Don't worry you are making the close season interesting enough for us with your inciteful threads and non-football related posts ;)

journeyman

Well Tisdale gets all his coaches to buy the players so why not?

On a serious note I don't see anything wrong with Skiverton's tactic here, nothing wrong with thinking outside the box a little. He is also placing the blame back in the hands of the fans should anything go wrong. That's classic Tisdale so they have something in common.
When I saw this story on BBC this morning I knew'd you'd be posting that it's something we should do, mostly simply because Tisdale doesn't do it.
Awful, awful idea by the way.

Grecian_Jay

When I saw this story on BBC this morning I knew'd you'd be posting that it's something we should do, mostly simply because Tisdale doesn't do it.
Awful, awful idea by the way.
I notice you also have an inability to read. Did I say we should do it? Or did I say there is nothing wrong with thinking outside the box and trying something different? I'll let you think about that one brains.

flaptotti

I am very tempted to go on twitter and pretend i am a Yeovil supporter and say to sign Alex Russell and Saunders because of their great goals they scored for us even though they are totaly shocking.