• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Ashford Grecian

2 according to the beeb which seems reasonable as we scored two goals and their keeper didn't have a save to make.

Why can't we keep the ball better? We seemed to keep giving it back to them second half and inviting them to attack - as Ashford said, we ended up hanging on for a point
Myself and G2K were discussing the 2nd half;)

plain capers

First time I have ever heard a tambourine at a football match.

And I thought drums were annoying...
They were worse than annoying, an average 3 year old could have kept a better beat.
No sign of their trumpeter yesterday. Now he is class, a proper musician.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at it objectively I'm well happy with a point and the continuation of our unbeaten run, as I alluded to at the beginning of this thread.

Yeovil are not as bad as their position might suggest and we were without two or three key players which with our slim squad is always going to cause us problems.

Well done City.

flakey pasty

Looking at it objectively I'm well happy with a point and the continuation of our unbeaten run, as I alluded to at the beginning of this thread.

Yeovil are not as bad as their position might suggest and we were without two or three key players which with our slim squad is always going to cause us problems.

Well done City.
Yeovil vs City and Mr Sturtz is looking at it objectively.
Mmmmmmmm..........

ECFC Music

You mean the linesman that missed the blatant Yeovil backpass in the first halfQUOTE]

Yes that was pushed to the goalie with his thigh and intended.But what exactly is the ruling here...what if he chests it back is that a back pass?

ECFC Music

Just saw the goals, and I have a question:

Is it a given now that when a corner comes across, the keeper stays rooted to his line, even if the ball drops well inside the six yard box? I can understand the other defenders not wanting to take responsibility, and standing about, but why at no point did Krysiak not come off his line after that ball?
QUOTE]
I was pretty close to the action and it seemed to me the near post was not defended by a marker and i wouldn't have expected the goalie to have advanced that far to his right to clutch the ball even if the way was clear.

arthur

.But what exactly is the ruling here...what if he chests it back is that a back pass?
Try reading this thread, post 228

BASH

Just saw the goals, and I have a question:

Is it a given now that when a corner comes across, the keeper stays rooted to his line, even if the ball drops well inside the six yard box? I can understand the other defenders not wanting to take responsibility, and standing about, but why at no point did Krysiak not come off his line after that ball?
QUOTE]
I was pretty close to the action and it seemed to me the near post was not defended by a marker and i wouldn't have expected the goalie to have advanced that far to his right to clutch the ball even if the way was clear.
krysiak was impeded for there 2nd agard wrapped his arms around him.

ECFC Music

Try reading this thread, post 228
Thanks only just catching up with the thread after returning.

arthur

it seemed to me the near post was not defended by a marker clutch the ball even if the way was clear.
Post 234.....