• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

flakey pasty

Entertaining match report on the OS.
I love the description of Artur as "the Pole in goal".

grecianstew

And to think, some people still criticise the guy. That shows his amazing work ethic, which is absolutely typical of the Poles.
Just seen it, Pete the Planks dream scenario. Artur at fault for our goals as well as theirs!!

It seems that we were so busy booing the sponsor's choice of MOM, Wotton, that I didn't notice that Yeovil fans were also booing the choice. :) Differing reasons though.
Why were the Yeovil fans booing it?

Why were the Yeovil fans booing it?
Cos he's sh*t.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cos he's sh*t.
Never has a truer word been spoke.

Ashford Grecian

We were the better team in the first half, but kicked off the second half gave the ball away and that set the tone for the remaining 45 mins... We were hardly in the game I can't recall their keeper having a shot to save and Artur was busier, if not very convincing........
Goldbourne had a very good game, getting forward to good effect and passing well, Dunney had the best game I had seen him play this season but my MOM goes to Troy who was immense, strong and solid all day... I loved that near post clearing header in the second half that almost cleared the stand to the car park:-O After they made it 2-2 we were hanging on, a point gained and quite a fortunate one at that.....

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you blinked when both Troy and Nobes rattled the woodwork in the 2nd half then, Ash old bean?

Ashford Grecian

So you blinked when both Troy and Nobes rattled the woodwork in the 2nd half then, Ash old bean?
They also rattled the crossbar, we were totally outplayed in the second half I was delighted to leave with a draw........
Can you recall any shots we had on target G2K?

Grecian2K

They also rattled the crossbar, we were totally outplayed in the second half I was delighted to leave with a draw........
There is that, of course ;)

arthur

2 according to the beeb which seems reasonable as we scored two goals and their keeper didn't have a save to make.

Why can't we keep the ball better? We seemed to keep giving it back to them second half and inviting them to attack - as Ashford said, we ended up hanging on for a point