• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally think that we set out too defensively, if we'd got right at them early then there was always every sign that they would collapse.

I'd have sacrificed Tillson or the untouchable Taylor in order that Forte could start, Boateng would have to play deeper.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still wonder if wing backs is our best bet given the players we have.

Pym

O'Shea Martin Croll

Sweeney and Moxey as wing backs (Sweeney hasn't got the body of a wing back however one of the main assets in his game is crossing, Moxey suits the wing back role, whenever he plays as a left back and doesn't get forward he looks half the player).

Taylor Boateng Law

Stockley Forte

It isn't perfect however with the players Taylor seems to want to play I wonder if it's a good option.

Gives us the solidity in midfield whilst playing two up front from the off.

As things stand Taylor seems reluctant to play Boateng as one of two in the middle which I can understand as we do look fragile when we do that, it's tricky fitting Forte and Boateng in.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

IndoMike

Both Pym and Croll lacked determination when trying to deal with the danger. 2 bad goals to concede

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our first goal was a shocker from Yeovil's point of view.

Grecian2K

Our first goal was a shocker from Yeovil's point of view.
Quite true - I'm surprised our resident glovesman guru hasn't seen fit to comment yet. That keeper had limper wrists than Larry Grayson :D

Stelios

Quite true - I'm surprised our resident glovesman guru hasn't seen fit to comment yet. That keeper had limper wrists than Larry Grayson :D
Always liked 'lettuce hands' as a descriptor

Grecian2K

Always liked 'lettuce hands' as a descriptor
Nice one. Saved for future reference.

PS: But just "lettuce pray" that our Pate-stir doesn't pick up on that description.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've seen a figure of 1428 as the City support yesterday. Anyone able to confirm?

denzel

I've seen a figure of 1428 as the City support yesterday. Anyone able to confirm?
1328 according to Yeovil Twitter
https://twitter.com/YTFC/status/1048590738353807360?s=19