• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

greenawayr

The match was slightly blurred today with all the goings on, but with what I could take in it's easy to see us being in the shake up at the end of the season.

We have to groups of midfielders and strikers who look comfortable at this level. Defence is still a worry but we will get there.

It's now the consistency. Think we've taken as many points at home as away, which is bizarre in the extreme. Turn just a few of those home draws to wins and 20/20 vision could find the off field boys playing catch up again!

Even if this season goes tits up the fact we are talking like this is such a massive tribute to Tisdale and the club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The match was slightly blurred today with all the goings on, but with what I could take in it's easy to see us being in the shake up at the end of the season.
I don't think so. Yeovil was an easy team to beat, as Daggers should have been. I think our problem is a lack of depth to the squad. However saying that, we coped with Dunne and Sercs (who've been brilliant this season) being replaced by Cozic and Noble.

Thoroughly enjoying the moment. Nice to be looking down a L1 table. Bournemouth will be a good test on Tuesday.

budegrecian

I don't think so. Yeovil was an easy team to beat, as Daggers should have been. I think our problem is a lack of depth to the squad. However saying that, we coped with Dunne and Sercs (who've been brilliant this season) being replaced by Cozic and Noble.

Thoroughly enjoying the moment. Nice to be looking down a L1 table. Bournemouth will be a good test on Tuesday.
The Daggers result yesterday, now makes our point there look better than we may have initially thought.

Great day yesterday but have to say yet again that Yeovil stewards were useless. Advising people they could sit anywhere again - this caused problems last season - meant that the Stansfield family were moved to a different stand as their seats were taken.
Their seats were taken by some foul mouthed idiot who abused the stewards but did agree he wasnt in his own seats (hang your head in shame you ****). So did the stewards move him on? No. Just moved the family, even at one stage trying to physically move Stanno's brother by grabbing his arm.

This was happening while the teams walked out and into the match so well done stewards- a complete **** up and I thought you showed considerable disrespect to the family.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great day yesterday but have to say yet again that Yeovil stewards were useless. Advising people they could sit anywhere again - this caused problems last season - meant that the Stansfield family were moved to a different stand as their seats were taken.
Their seats were taken by some foul mouthed idiot who abused the stewards but did agree he wasnt in his own seats (hang your head in shame you ****). So did the stewards move him on? No. Just moved the family, even at one stage trying to physically move Stanno's brother by grabbing his arm.

This was happening while the teams walked out and into the match so well done stewards- a complete **** up and I thought you showed considerable disrespect to the family.
yes i heard about that. they should be ashamed of themselves

Liam McNamara

this was bad!!! my lady and i moved right along to try and squeeze extra people with a baby and that in. we said to the stewards to move the black netting but they wouldnt!! the seats for stannos family where clearly marked with reserved!!! there where a couple of people in particular being very rude and given the sercomstances well out of order.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The question was : how did we win by two clear goals ?

The inference was : I' m surprised by that because the stats suggested we didn' t dominate the game.

I' m therefore making a reasonable stab at answering the question by saying the inference is wrong. What's the problem ?
No problem.I like the fact that WoWS is becoming more like Banter Base than Banter Base.:D

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster

As much as I agree with your post, I would like to point out that this didn't happen when the team were walking out, as Adam's boys were with the team when they walked out and his family were nearby watching. They walked past us when kick off had got underway.

I am shocked that the Yeovil stewards acted like this, as when we were there for the JPT, they were great with me, Rich and the others that were selling draw tickets.

What I will point out, is that there were Exeter City Stewards working there as well, I went to the toilet in the first half and a girl had fainted. I went out, to tell a steward who was by the exit gates and he told me to speak to someone else!?!?! Jeez a girl had fainted ffs. This was an Exeter City Steward. Not very good IMO. The female Yeovil steward who then came into help, was really good.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster

I am really sad to hear about this
Very poor
I had found the stewards very helpfull yesterday but i iddint know about this!
maybe they should have put a steward by the Stansfield family seats or said to people anywhere but those resvered seats, its basic stuff.