• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe a tad harsh, but isn’t this a case of ‘what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive’ ?
Or perhaps more pertinently ‘when we first practice to keep quiet’ in the face of massive world wide public interest.
Just before the advent of the social media age, Charlie’s Dimbleby biography and interview opened the floodgates and led to controversial books from his first wife and son, and now here we are.

Charlie might now regret binning the old family motto of ‘never complain, never explain’ that served the old Queen so well.

Alistair20000

I read that the Ginger bearded narcissist has cost the taxpayer over £500,000 in legal costs as a result of one of his failed legal actions. Odd that. I thought the loser paid the costs. Apparently he is appealing despite a damning judgment so more public money at risk. Don’t think he has read Denis Healey’s theory of holes.

DB9

Balmoral is to be opened to the public for a few weeks before the RF have their holiday there. Do you fancy paying £100 a pop or £150 if you want tea there too?

Alistair20000

Balmoral is to be opened to the public for a few weeks before the RF have their holiday there. Do you fancy paying £100 a pop or £150 if you want tea there too?
Will be giving it a miss in case I say something that is deemed to be stirring up hate.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

Will be giving it a miss in case I say something that is deemed to be stirring up hate.
Aye, Too many "Devils in Skirts" (c) Carry On Up The Kyber. :)

Banksy

An expensive cup of Earl Grey…

Oldsmobile-88

All sold out..I tried to get on the website this afternoon but due to high demand could not book.
I’m a regular visitor to Ballater & Braemer.

Alistair20000

All sold out..I tried to get on the website this afternoon but due to high demand could not book.
Looks like they should have charged more

DB9

Amazed at that but i guess the RF is a pull. I did read there are restrictions to how many can visit as well as the time frame for visiting.

Colesman Ballz

Looks like they should have charged more
Perhaps we the great washed should get a refund on their payout from the Civil List ? :unsure: