• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yasmin Western- Trust Election Thread

HUFC1885

In December 2011 the Trust Board voted to change the money provided by the Trust to the Club from loans to donations. We were told at the time that this was required because the Club was on the cusp of the rule which allows no more than 55% of income to be spent on the playing budget. Given that the Club no longer appears to be on the cusp of that 55% what is your position on the possibility of changing the donations back to loans?

HUFC1885

Did you enjoy the Hustings last night

Thank you for attending

HUFC1885

Would you like to see the Trust to bring in open accounts showing what the Club Board is paid as well as the top management.

HUFC1885

Sincere thank you for engaging with us fans these past couple of weeks, and hope all candidates get on the Trust Board this year or next you have provided interesting answers to questions to a very high standard.

YasWestern

How do you think we Exeter City can be more Eco friendly as a club.
Sorry for the delayed reply! This was one of the questions that we were asked on the sheet of questions we were given by the Trust? I'm not sure if you have seen this? If not I'm more than happy to elaborate?

Yasmin

YasWestern

In December 2011 the Trust Board voted to change the money provided by the Trust to the Club from loans to donations. We were told at the time that this was required because the Club was on the cusp of the rule which allows no more than 55% of income to be spent on the playing budget. Given that the Club no longer appears to be on the cusp of that 55% what is your position on the possibility of changing the donations back to loans?
This is not really something I know an awful lot about if I'm honest. To me loans suggest that the money would be paid back to the Trust. Yet I would see that the Trust is not a profit organisation in my mind as it supplies funds to the club and other areas. I would have to know more about this to give you an answer.

YasWestern

Would you like to see the Trust to bring in open accounts showing what the Club Board is paid as well as the top management.
Hmm thats a tricky one. The thing is in football salaries of players at this level and staff are often not discussed as they'll all be on different rates. Disclosing publicly what people are paid may make a rod for our own back as people may start asking for more money in order to be paid the same as colleges etc. I think we have to balance up transparency and what could harm business for us

YasWestern

Sincere thank you for engaging with us fans these past couple of weeks, and hope all candidates get on the Trust Board this year or next you have provided interesting answers to questions to a very high standard.
Thank you for your questions, it's been a real pleasure to interact with everyone!

HUFC1885

Friends of the Earth have a campaign going to reduce/remove 'single use plastic' from Football grounds.

How would you like to see the Club/Trust work with the Friends of the Earth.