• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers vs Exeter City match day thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Pretty unscientific but I used the average points from each club to judge where they may end up at the end of the season.

That would give a final table of

Northampton 101
Plymouth 90
Oxford 87

Accrington 81
Pompey 76
Wycombe 75
Bristol rovers72

Wimbledon 71
Carlisle 71

We would be somewhere in the mid table with 63 or 64 , similar to last season.

If anywhere near accurate suggests what we suspected that we need 30 to 35 points from 17 games. Will look a lot better if we can win the next two so let's hope that is what happens.

malcolms

I don't understand why that stand is so big, it's like a Championship ground tacked onto a conference one, strange planning that! Must have loads of corporate stuff inside though, tbh it's rightwings wet dream
Remember, they were sharing with Wasps when it was extended. They consistently had bigger crowds than the football club...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Given we still have Argyle , Pompey , Northampton to come to SJP & local derby as such away at Bristol rovers and Yeovil I just can't see us finishing anywhere else apart from 10th-14th

Grecian Max

Given we still have Argyle , Pompey , Northampton to come to SJP & local derby as such away at Bristol rovers and Yeovil I just can't see us finishing anywhere else apart from 10th-14th
Yeah you're right. We've won against 3 of those and only lost the one. Impossible.

Grecian Max

Pretty unscientific but I used the average points from each club to judge where they may end up at the end of the season.

That would give a final table of

Northampton 101
Plymouth 90
Oxford 87

Accrington 81
Pompey 76
Wycombe 75
Bristol rovers72

Wimbledon 71
Carlisle 71

We would be somewhere in the mid table with 63 or 64 , similar to last season.

If anywhere near accurate suggests what we suspected that we need 30 to 35 points from 17 games. Will look a lot better if we can win the next two so let's hope that is what happens.
It never works out like that though.

Grecian Max

Remember, they were sharing with Wasps when it was extended. They consistently had bigger crowds than the football club...
Ahh yes fair point. Although it is all WWFC branded (and always was?)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It never works out like that though.
Of course. Still think we need to win a minimum of nine more to stand a reasonable chance of getting enough points. There is still time left but margin for error is reducing.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Yeah you're right. We've won against 3 of those and only lost the one. Impossible.
Genius- im aware of this , what im also aware of is the likely hood of us doing the double over all of them is about as likely as you not trying to "make the atmosphere better" again in the next 18 months

Grecian Max

I agree, but we have in the past put good runs together. We've also been in a strong position relatively late on (thrashing Bradford a few years ago at home) and chucked it away.

It's a tough ask but we're not miles away and form is decent despite yesterday. Really need two wins now.

Grecian Max

Genius- im aware of this , what im also aware of is the likely hood of us doing the double over all of them is about as likely as you not trying to "make the atmosphere better" again in the next 18 months
Put your handbag away love.

We tend to play better against the the more expansive attacking sides, I'm not a happy clapper and currently think we'll miss out, that said there's 17 games to go, 8 points is not an impossible figure to make up in the time. You can hope for a little bit longer at least :)

Last edited: