• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v City Prediction thread

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Re: City v Wycombe Prediction thread

ECFC 0 v 2 WWFC

Att: 3867 including 112 from oop North Devon
edited to include Devon

athenasbra

I believe like ourselves I believe Wycombe have a fair few injuries so I am going for a 1 0 City win and tom Nicols to bag the winner.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I believe like ourselves I believe Wycombe have a fair few injuries so I am going for a 1 0 City win and tom Nicols to bag the winner.
Hopefully but Shrewsbury were apparently without several on saturday and still mullered us. i am going for a two all draw. Wheeler and Tom Nichols on target.

wwfcspyder

I don't think it will be - Wycombe are no Shrewsbury and their home form has been poor.
Our home form is indeed poor, only 34 points from 21 games, though I notice this is somewhat better than your home form. You managed to beat us at your place and look at our away form.

We are certainly no Shrewsbury, they have a playing budget over double ours and a squad that is not far off 40% larger. Though we still managed to take 4 points off them this season.

I think we will be lucky tonight to get four players on the subs bench with our small squad and injuries.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Our home form is indeed poor, only 34 points from 21 games, though I notice this is somewhat better than your home form. You managed to beat us at your place and look at our away form.

We are certainly no Shrewsbury, they have a playing budget over double ours and a squad that is not far off 40% larger. Though we still managed to take 4 points off them this season.

I think we will be lucky tonight to get four players on the subs bench with our small squad and injuries.
Do you think that given your lofty position you might attempt to play some Football this time? :)

wwfcspyder

Do you think that given your lofty position you might attempt to play some Football this time? :)
Thats what I like about this squad of 16 plus loanees, they can play great football if the game/pitch allows or mix it up. We have a plan A,B,C or even D if needed. Ainsworth is nailed on for Manager of the Year.

I would be surprised if you see any flowing on the ground football tonight though, the pitch is bobbly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What's the weather like in High Wycombe Mr Porsche man?

Last edited:

wwfcspyder

What's the weather like in High Wycombe Mr Porsche man?
Hot and sunny all day. Will still be 17-18 I guess when the game starts. Not much wind at moment either.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we draw this one and win the following three we have a chance of making playoffs, so we should not be too downhearted if we draw this. I think that's likely. The phrase "must win game" is bandied around from October onwards, but strictly speaking it's not even true tonight. After tonight it could well be for all our last three, depending on other results.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Yes I am surprised that your home form was called poor when we have earned five points less I believe. Shrewsbury have an excellent home record but fifty points Oscar above what would normally be considered a good record Imo.

Last edited: