• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe sack Taylor

Forever7

Bit harsh?

Peter Taylor Leaves Wycombe

On Sky Sports News

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, I'm surprised it took this long. He had a good squad (arguably I'd say better than ours), and the second half of last season was pathetic for them, culminating in almost blowing promotion having been nailed on.

Poor start this season too.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wycombe_wanderers/8297937.stm

Satanage will be in again with a big money offer to fail to get promoted again lol

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was a hero there not 4 months ago..... behind the scenes reasons?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He was a hero there not 4 months ago..... behind the scenes reasons?
I don't think he was a hero - feeling amongst Wycombe fans seemed to be that in the second half of the season they were promoted despite him.

Gozzer

Wycombe limped over the finish line last season and started poorly this season, but I thought that they would take more of a long term view. Actually achieving promotion means he was a successful appointment and it might be a bit knee-jerk to let him go, but if they had decided to do that, they can't leave it too late to save the club this season. So yes, it was a bit harsh, IMO.

Antony Moxey

Wycombe limped over the finish line last season.
Are you sure? I thought it was us that barely scraped promotion (acording to some of the more 'realistic' on here).

Gozzer

I'm sure, they got far too many draws and some strange defeats after a promising and comfortable start, allowing Brentford and us to overtake them.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Two very experienced players here suggest I'm not entirely sure how big a "whoosh" this should be.