• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WTF is going on?

Red Nose

Many on here would call me a rose tinter. I've generally been loyal to the team, the management team, the board and the Trust.

Today's news that Gow has gone for financial reasons suggests that our cash flow is desperate. I'm gutted. Things need to change.

Chorlton's role must surely now be unsustainable. What does he do? We've sacrificed our best player, yet we pay Chorlton 15k per year. Why? He's here to redevelop the ground - that's just not going to happen in the foreseeable.

Taggy is a guy I respect, purely due to the amount of time and effort he put in during the early days of the Trust. Quite what his role is now I have no idea.? Such a shame, but surely he has to go?

Tis - I love him. I cannot thank him enough for getting us out of the Conference and for a couple of wonderful years in L1. IF however he's on £100k plus per year then that's completely unsustainable. That cearly needs to change.

The Trust - where do I start? Governance is what you're all about, but the above suggests you have got it badly wrong. I love the principles, but you're failing badly on many counts.

The clearest message from today is that our finances our well and truely fecked. We're clearly spending far too much money on non-players salaries. It's wrong. Clubs are limited to spending a maximum 55% of turnover on players wages. Ours is no where near that. Again, this is wrong.

When we took over the club, Paul Morrish outlined the strategy . Essentially it was income minus non football costs equalled players wages. The strategy was to maximise players wages. What has gone wrong?

We are the fans, the lifeblood of the club. We need to have our voice heard.

Support and he lads on the pitch ( because Conference football would be an absolute disaster). But we need fundamental change in the non playing staff.

What do we do?

grecianboyy

Stick our heads between our legs and kiss League 2 goodbye..

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Many on here would call me a rose tinter. I've generally been loyal to the team, the management team, the board and the Trust.

Today's news that Gow has gone for financial reasons suggests that our cash flow is desperate. I'm gutted. Things need to change.

Chorlton's role must surely now be unsustainable. What does he do? We've sacrificed our best player, yet we pay Chorlton 15k per year. Why? He's here to redevelop the ground - that's just not going to happen in the foreseeable.

Taggy is a guy I respect, purely due to the amount of time and effort he put in during the early days of the Trust. Quite what his role is now I have no idea.? Such a shame, but surely he has to go?

Tis - I love him. I cannot thank him enough for getting us out of the Conference and for a couple of wonderful years in L1. IF however he's on £100k plus per year then that's completely unsustainable. That cearly needs to change.

The Trust - where do I start? Governance is what you're all about, but the above suggests you have got it badly wrong. I love the principles, but you're failing badly on many counts.

The clearest message from today is that our finances our well and truely fecked. We're clearly spending far too much money on non-players salaries. It's wrong. Clubs are limited to spending a maximum 55% of turnover on players wages. Ours is no where near that. Again, this is wrong.

When we took over the club, Paul Morrish outlined the strategy . Essentially it was income minus non football costs equalled players wages. The strategy was to maximise players wages. What has gone wrong?

We are the fans, the lifeblood of the club. We need to have our voice heard.

Support and he lads on the pitch ( because Conference football would be an absolute disaster). But we need fundamental change in the non playing staff.

What do we do?
Excellent post: You did miss Perryman however. He's on similar remuneration as Tagg, and we dont know what he does anymore!