• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worrying statistics!!

ecfctis

Don't get me wrong, I am not scare mongering, but just take note of the following statistics.

Since the Sheffield Wednesday game (5-1), and forgetting the JPT, the City record reads Played 14; Won 3; Drawn 5; Lost 6.
Total points available 42 - points gained 14 = 33.33%.

Now if we continue at that rate of return with 12 games left, 36 points available, gained at 33.33% will give us a return of 12 further points.

Now 43 + 12 = 55 points!!

This is getting very near sqeaky bum time, if there is not a slight improvement in form!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am not scare mongering, but just take note of the following statistics.

Since the Sheffield Wednesday game (5-1), and forgetting the JPT, the City record reads Played 14; Won 3; Drawn 5; Lost 6.
Total points available 42 - points gained 14 = 33.33%.

Now if we continue at that rate of return with 12 games left, 36 points available, gained at 33.33% will give us a return of 12 further points.

Now 43 + 12 = 55 points!!

This is getting very near sqeaky bum time, if there is not a slight improvement in form!!!
Here we go again........................Are you ******** in disguise? |-)

dommers

55 points will be more than enough. You needn't worry for this year.

FAN-TATIC

55 points will be more than enough. You needn't worry for this year.
Spot on Dommers! Bloody Jeramiahs!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The OP is quite correct. If we continue to get points based on the post Sheff Wed results we will be perilously close to the relegation scrap. The key word is "if."

ffs - it's obvious 48-50 points will be enough to stay up. Even Exeter FC can get six points from 12 games.

dommers

If we continue to get points based on the post Sheff Wed results we will be perilously close to the relegation scrap.
You may call it perilously close whereas many would conclude that if we continue to get points based on the post Sheff Wed then we are guaranteed league one football next year. I know which I would prefer.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You may call it perilously close whereas many would conclude that if we continue to get points based on the post Sheff Wed then we are guaranteed league one football next year. I know which I would prefer.
I would prefer that we play with some passion and commitment in our home games that has been sadly lacking in the past few games. We can then get to safety and give some of the youngsters a go.

dommers

I would prefer that we play with some passion and commitment in our home games that has been sadly lacking in the past few games.
There is of course no guarantee that we would get more points if we did that and the negative scenario posted by the opening poster is as unlikely as us getting to the playoffs.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we do go down, Tis will still blame the pitch...