• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup 2014

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still very difficult to predict anything, although Germany, Brazil and Argentina will take some beating. The Costa Rica-Greece game will be fascinating in every way possible, the most unlikely second round tie ever. Given that Greece benefited from Ivory Coast's slackness and morale damage, you would imagine CR can win that, but impossible to know.

Belgium are a bit of a conundrum. They were tipped to be this amazing outsider, but entirely unconvincing in every single match going forward, while at the same time making sure they got 3 points every time. Haven't been tested by a good team yet and could even falter against the USA in my opinion. Around evens on a double chance of draw/USA win at 90 mins is a decent shout, although whether the States can score against them I'm not sure. A low scoring game might be a better bet.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at a Germany v Argentina final I reckon. Italy could go far and if Chile get Brazil in second round we could see an upset.

I really thought Spain would be contenders again. They relied too much on the old guard and should have played Pedro, Koke, Mata and Fabregas more, and should have also brought Negredo and/or Llorente.
Thank **** for that, been a hard tournament to make money out of. Just need Muller to get Golden Boot now, and ideally an Argentina win although not likely.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
My whole betting fortunes now depend on Germany winning the tournament. If they do, I will have salvaged my balance back to a + number for the tournament. If they don't, I will be about £150 down. In fact, were it not for winning about 150 on the Germany-Brazil game due to betting on a lot of goals, it could have been worse! Betting: don't do it, kids!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ended up doing well. William Hill had an offer yesterday for new customers (luckily managed to create an account un the Mrs' name!) for 4/1 on Germany to win the cup (max bet £10). Stuck a tenner on and thought it would probably pay in freebets or something but paid in £50 cash and withdrew all £50 today. Happy days. Added to Muller e/w on top scorer made up for Spain cocking up.