• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Words from Steve Perryman prior to second leg versus Carlisle

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, but was he actually at Carlisle? I dont like Perryman very march, largely because I REALLY have no idea what he picks up a wage for, but I'd have given him the City day off for the WH Lane gig. He was THEIR legend, after all.
Yes he was at Carlisle, even the TV commentators made a comment about what the club must mean to him given that he was there and not at White Hart Lane. As an aside, just because you don't know what he does for his money is that REALLY a reason to dislike him?

PeteUSA

Yes he was at Carlisle, even the TV commentators made a comment about what the club must mean to him given that he was there and not at White Hart Lane. As an aside, just because you don't know what he does for his money is that REALLY a reason to dislike him?
You can jump out of your pram and get worked up if you like. Things must remain tranquil so that positive vibes emit about the place.

IndoMike

I have no access

IndoMike

Well said Steve. About time he said it as it is.
Dimmers, good of you to come back just to have a swipe at the home fans. Which games did you attend to form the conclusion that City fans give out negative vibes at our home matches? The fact is the number of fans was stable thru the good times and bad. I attended 3 games in January and February and thought the support, especially from the Big Bank, was excellent. It's true that the OG has always had a few old crankies and perhaps they give Tizzy and SP an earful sometimes, but that's all. SP needs to remember that the fans pay his salary and have every right to express any emotion they want to.

PeteUSA

I have no access
To what Mike? If you mean the game on TV, I think a lot of us are on tenterhooks! :(

IndoMike

I was in despair Pete cos every time I tried to post i got Exeweb DNS server not available. So just testing with the "no access". No chance of watching the footie here, Pete.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's occasionally negativity at Sjp? No **** Sherlock. Probably something to do with our home form over the past five seasons. Odd timing for such a comment but who cares, it'll be rocking tomorrow night. That's football.

Bluebry

Bloody hell if Perryman thinks your lot are quiet and negative then hes never stood on the Paddock at Brunton Park, we have some of the worlds worst moaners. And just as a matter of interest I was at that last league game, and considering you had very little to play for I thought the home fans were fantastic, really getting behind their team

Antony Moxey

You can jump out of your pram and get worked up if you like. Things must remain tranquil so that positive vibes emit about the place.
What? Who's getting worked up? It was a reply to your question and a simple question of my own. There's no need for petty insults.

dommers

Dimmers, good of you to come back just to have a swipe at the home fans. Which games did you attend to form the conclusion that City fans give out negative vibes at our home matches?
Original as usual. Thanks very much.

Have been too all home gamesexcept Blackpool and have noticed that we do better when the fans get behind the team which has happened more often this year. Surely most can realise that Perryman's comments were designed to get the fans behind the team for the most important game of the season which can only help the team