• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will rugby become Exeter's dominant sport?

Mugging has become the dominant sport round here.

ecfctis

In response to Stuffy and Poults, I agree with the general sentiments, but surely it is up to both clubs and their respective governing bodies to allow them both the latitude to live together side by side, and freedom of fixture management to avoid all clashes. If both clubs run themselves in harmony with the local community and with respect of each others 'needs' then both can survive happily. There should be no problem living 'side by side', the problems come from the human individuals and bodies that have influence over all matters, along with many prejudices. We should be proud if our city has a top rugby and football team, just sort it out and live together.

supercity2007

Never liked rugby and never will but will always look out for the chiefs score just as i use to look out for the falcons scores on a monday night.If you look at the rugby and football tables Exeter is one of only a few cities who can boast a top rugby team and a decent size football club,so good all round for our City.Bring back the Falcons !!
Speedway is a sport that is in decline, no chance of a return for the falcons and it looks like its over for elite league champions coventry and also peterborough now as they seemed to have been kicked out of the elite league.

I enjoyed the one game of rugby i went too but its nothing like watching city

Following Leeds humiliating 51 - 18 defeat at Harlequins this afternoon it would take a miracle now for them to stay up.

The Chiefs are safe and will go from strength to strength.

And the best of luck to them.

Just remember Plymouth Albion are now a feeder club for Exeter Chiefs [party]

dan harvey

only read the headline and the answer is NO not for me

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope not, ECFC No 1 for me
I know Exeter Chiefs are in the premership and doing well but when you choose one sport you shouldnt change.

RHINO

Have you seen how much it is to watch the Chiefs, not really a family affair,plus football is a Big business with TV money etc Rugby has its limit, no matter how well the chiefs do they will never get crowds much higher than say 15,000 just look at Saturday no Local City match and the Chiefs having a good season got there smallest crowd

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good luck to the Chiefs and each to there own , Will rugby ever be more popular than Football , not in a million years.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck to the Chiefs and each to there own , Will rugby ever be more popular than Football , not in a million years.
Boxing day the Chiefs will sell out their game against Bath, anybody think we will against Swindon ?

Red Monster

Boxing day the Chiefs will sell out their game against Bath, anybody think we will against Swindon ?
There will be more at SJP on Boxing day than at Sandy Park FACT !!! ;)