• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Argyle tickets go on general sale?

Cheers for the info!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure that's right, Jay. I suspect lots of people have been buying tickets for the Argyle game as they were on the phone for the Liverpool game anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a near or total sell-out.

After all, it may be the last time we ever play them (before they become Truro Argyle in the Conference next year).
Not a chance. Too many home games in quick succession, JPT fixture, week after the Liverppol game which is being billed as the bigger game. We didn't even sellout last time did we?

So if it doesnt sell out and I can only get the one ticket with my priority number, how will they sell the rest without putting them up for general sale for safety reasons?

davecg

So if it doesnt sell out and I can only get the one ticket with my priority number, how will they sell the rest without putting them up for general sale for safety reasons?
Whatever we sell through the method of purchasing in place we sell, whatevers left will remain unsold.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because they will go on sale not to any Tom, D*ck or Harry from Devonport or wherever, but to "anyone known to the club" - people on the club database but who are not Priority Group members - who have bought tickets before, eg for the Wembley games, ordinary home fixtures, etc, and for whom the club has an address. There are apparently loads of these.

And I think PG members will also be able to buy extras once the exclusivity period is over - IIRC up to 4 per person.

It was lack of information that this was the case that led to the Argyle league game not selling out last season. I think (and hope) the Club is slowly but surely learning a bit about administration and marketing, although some doubt this...

Excellent I will keep checking the website to see when this will happen.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a chance. Too many home games in quick succession, JPT fixture, week after the Liverppol game which is being billed as the bigger game. We didn't even sellout last time did we?
We shall see. You seem to focus on the most negative side of everything, I try to be more balanced.

The fact we didn't sell out last time was IMO largely because of the c*ck-up over information on ticket elegibility - not helped by bad publicity over crowd trouble, hysteria over policing, and the 12.00 start.

I never bet for money, but I'll predict a crowd of 7,000 plus. There ought to be 1,200 from Plym*uth, although they've not started selling the tickets yet, maybe some complication re. the Administrators and making sure we get the money...though they are selling tickets for their game at Gillingham on Saturday, maybe ticket money is safe from the Riddler's and Brenda's greedy mits.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
We shall see. You seem to focus on the most negative side of everything, I try to be more balanced.

The fact we didn't sell out last time was IMO largely because of the c*ck-up over information on ticket elegibility - not helped by bad publicity over crowd trouble, hysteria over policing, and the 12.00 start.

I never bet for money, but I'll predict a crowd of 7,000 plus. There ought to be 1,200 from Plym*uth, although they've not started selling the tickets yet, maybe some complication re. the Administrators and making sure we get the money...though they are selling tickets for their game at Gillingham on Saturday, maybe ticket money is safe from the Riddler's and Brenda's greedy mits.
Not being negative at all, just don't see why when we couldn't sell out for the last league match of the season we would sell out for a JPT game against them in amongst a lot of home fixtures during a period of poor form.

I would be surprised to see 7k plus. 6200 tops I reckon. As you say we will see.

ECFC2010

although not being able to re-new my ST for this season, i take it as red that im still on the clubs database? if it is possible to purchase tickets for both games (more likely JPT match). how many would i be able to buy?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not being negative at all, just don't see why when we couldn't sell out for the last league match of the season we would sell out for a JPT game against them in amongst a lot of home fixtures during a period of poor form.

I would be surprised to see 7k plus. 6200 tops I reckon. As you say we will see.
I agree. If we couldn't sell out on a Saturday we won't sell out midweek, when attendances are always lower. Especially as the difficulty in getting tickets for the last derby kept numbers down, IMO, and its the same procedure this time.