• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe Aimson is about 6ft (I'm sure Pate could confirm this), so maybe it's just a tall story ? :cool:
Jordan Storey is 6'2" according to Wikipedia.;)

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to give Aimson his dues he’s been brilliant the last dozen games. Better without the captaincy.
He was god awful for a period though, anyone trying to say he wasn’t is living on a different planet.
He has been captain the last two games 🙂

StudentGrecian

Did we? Where did you hear that?
Just rumours linked with the fact we didn’t play him throughout the entire window.

A BBC article reckoned he didn’t play throughout January because of poor form, so could just be a case of 2+2 = 5.

Antony Moxey

Just rumours linked with the fact we didn’t play him throughout the entire window.

A BBC article reckoned he didn’t play throughout January because of poor form, so could just be a case of 2+2 = 5.
2+2=846473263783473 more like. 🙄

Rosencrantz

He did miss two games injured at the start of January and then was straight back on the bench as Sweenz, Cheick and Zac were playing well. There was a bit of squad rotation when we had that busy period of midweek games, but Will only really got his place back after Cheick had that dodgy game against Fleetwood. Since then he has been a fixture in the starting XI again.

Grecianpasty

I do wonder what the people that booed Aimson are thinking now. Clearly he lost his form and his confidence, and a few times was visibly seen to react to comments from the crowd. But what message were the boo-ers trying to convey? He never gave less than 100%, he always put his body on the line, but he did make some silly mistakes. Given his recent brilliant displays, some people must be feeling very silly right now.
I don't condone the booing. Equally, Aimsons reaction to his own players triggered me during that spell in time. He reflected and changed his ways.

fred binneys head

Player plays poorly for a few games, boos are heard. Player regains form, boos stop. Rocket science.

iscalad

Player plays poorly for a few games, boos are heard. Player regains form, boos stop. Rocket science.
I'd never boo one of our players.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor me. But I might be tempted to make an exception for Muskwe should he ever get the chance to amble about for us again.

fred binneys head

Me neither, never have.