• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mostly agree with that. He is however, a considerable downgrade on Sweenz at RCB but a bit better a CB.

Not sure where the praise of his passing comes from though tbh. It's certainly never stood out for me.
He has a decent long range pass on him, often diagonals. There was a game late last year/over Xmas (cannot remember which) where he was pinging them for fun. The obvious example that comes to mind is the pass for Yan in the build up to Demi's winner against Luton.

Ash

He has a decent long range pass on him, often diagonals. There was a game late last year/over Xmas (cannot remember which) where he was pinging them for fun. The obvious example that comes to mind is the pass for Yan in the build up to Demi's winner against Luton.
Decent examples TBF. Although the nickname 'Aimless" still fits him well enough for me.

Rosencrantz

Decent examples TBF. Although the nickname 'Aimless" still fits him well enough for me.
Agree to disagree situation. He has mostly played well for me. Had a doomer on Tuesday in the first half. He just has to force his way back into the team who are doing well at the moment.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Agree to disagree situation. He has mostly played well for me. Had a doomer on Tuesday in the first half. He just has to force his way back into the team who are doing well at the moment.
Agree with this as well. At the start of the season he was very good, and then like the team had a dip in form. Cheick then came in and has played so well that Aimson hasn't really been able to force his way back in. The fact that we basically play a back four out of possession now means it suits Sweenz far more than Aimson playing that position. I actually think a while ago GC was almost trying to shoehorn Aimson back into the team as the RCB/RB, but it hasn't quite worked thus far.

He isn't in form right now that's clear, but is still a more than capable player and certainly a very good squad player who can cover the RCB/RB role that Sweenz plays and also can cover Cheick in the central position. Keeping hold of him this window in my opinion was a positive and means we have really good depth at the back right now, with him and Hartridge acting as cover, as well as Fitzwater although he hasn't played enough yet to make a judgement on.

In the summer I wouldn't be surprised if he were to move on though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Done.

Simba3011

Is that his best performance since he got here? Superb once again

budegrecian

Is that his best performance since he got here? Superb once again
It’s right up there. He was indeed superb; great defensively and read what Hoskins was going to do to enable him to get yet another goal.

ryancooper327

Wouldn’t mind extending his contract now, a 1 year extension would be nice!

fred binneys head

He’s played great in the last third of the season and has also been captain for many of the recent games. Collosus.