• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why couldn't we play today?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why not Tuesday or Wednesday this week ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Doubt they have even discussed it yet. Expect we have a better chance of winning games later in the season.

Matt Russell

We have a run of Saturday/Tuesday games throughout March starting this coming Saturday against Carlisle. Immediately followed by Easter X 2. I can well understand not wanting to add another fixture this midweek, when the alternative is midweek in April when we have only Saturday games. Add in U23's v Wolves mid'March also.

Red Monster

Why are we in such a hurry play it in April when hopefully the pitch will be a better state .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In football at Football League level you have to give 10 days notice to the authorities (mainly the police) for a rearranged match. I believe.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I wonder how Great Western coped with the changes ? Did Avocet Line trains stop at SJP Halt yesterday after all ? And were services curtailed there today instead ? ;)

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In football at Football League level you have to give 10 days notice to the authorities (mainly the police) for a rearranged match. I believe.
Sure I read Cheltenham have rearranged their game to this Tuesday.

Antony Moxey

Wouldn't of been enough police for both games to be on the same day
Why not? We’ve both had home matches on the day many a time before, why would today have been any different? Whatever, I’m with those wondering what the rush is. What’s wrong with waiting until the weather’s a bit better later on in the season, we’ve got a better chance of a decent crowd then - can’t believe it’d have been much if it was played today.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Sure I read Cheltenham have rearranged their game to this Tuesday.
Yes I think they have. Having another break helps anyway with Sweeney and Croll and brunt getting back to fitness. We need Sweeney with Wilson being suspended.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I think they have. Having another break helps anyway with Sweeney and Croll and brunt getting back to fitness. We need Sweeney with Wilson being suspended.
Yeah agreed, I suspect it will suit us better to play fewer games on the pitch in its current state.