• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who would you support if the club went bust?

Chuckles

I would support anyone who wanted to deal with those responsible

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No-one. Support cannot be swapped from club to club.

GeraintJones

I like the idea of a reformed "AFC Exeter" type club but I'm not sure if it would feel the same. If the new club didn't grab me I doubt I'd watch another team on a regular. I'd be able to be more committed to playing for my local side on Saturdays.

Talk of us going bust is premature though and a little hysterical....I hope.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly the most stupid thread of them all. You can't just swap who you support.

GeraintJones

Possibly the most stupid thread of them all. You can't just swap who you support.
Don't take the title of the thread to literally. I think it's just asking what you'd do on a Saturday if there was no ecfc to watch.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If that's the case..

Were there no alternative Exeter City side, I probably would take over the shopping duties.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
I hate to say it but this was the first season in 40 years that I have not watched a home game.

Who will I support if we go bust?. Well as a Somerset born lad I latched on to Man Utd in 1967. I'll stick to that with a modicum of enthusiasm.

BUT the team I really care about is EXETER CITY. Nothing against most other teams, but if we were to fold the answer is NO ONE!.

StroudGrecian

Plenty of money on the Isle of Thanet, always been surprised by Margate's lowly stature in the football world.
Eh? Thanet remains one of the most deprived areas of the UK. I went to Margate a few years back and it was virtually dead.

Funnily enough I was there again last week for half term, there's been loads of investment in the seafront, and with Turner Contemporary and high speed trains to East Kent, massive transformation that will only increase when the old Dreamland funfair is redeveloped. But the investment to date isn't local money, it's European funding. Not that the locals deserve it, UKIP-voting terwats.

Alistair20000

Eh? Thanet remains one of the most deprived areas of the UK. I went to Margate a few years back and it was virtually dead.

Funnily enough I was there again last week for half term, there's been loads of investment in the seafront, and with Turner Contemporary and high speed trains to East Kent, massive transformation that will only increase when the old Dreamland funfair is redeveloped. But the investment to date isn't local money, it's European funding. Not that the locals deserve it, UKIP-voting terwats.
Nige rumoured to be eyeing up Thanet South (excludes Margate of course) for 2015.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
AFC Exeter it'll have to be ... but I'd probably increase my visits to Sandy Park.