• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who next??

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just checked the odds and John Sheridan has been shortened... Good luck with him
Given the reception he got from Exeter fans away at Newport a couple of seasons ago, I'm not sure that would be a good idea!

Has a former Argyle manager ever come to Exeter? Plenty of players have done that, and the likes of Bobby Saxton has gone to Home Park.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although my heart would like to see Steve Tully given a go, he did well with our ladies team when he was still with us and did well as Truro's manager after he left, I think we need a fresh start and someone unrelated to the club with a bit of experience of league management.
I don't know what caused his departure from Truro but he certainly seemed to be doing okay. Worth considering.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just checked the odds and John Sheridan has been shortened... Good luck with him
I think you will find that what the bookies do is try to throw together a few names,so as to advertise that you can lose your money by betting on the next appointment. This is so transparent that we regularly parodied this on here - whenever a job became vacant they’d include Tisdale as a candidate in the odds.

Red Bill

Given the reception he got from Exeter fans away at Newport a couple of seasons ago, I'm not sure that would be a good idea!

Has a former Argyle manager ever come to Exeter? Plenty of players have done that, and the likes of Bobby Saxton has gone to Home Park.
Didn't Saxton come from there in the first place?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Only as a player.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't he and Johnny Newman arrive at the same time?

Kingsman

It would certainly be a risk. He did extremely well at Truro though.

But as I said, heart says Tully, head says FL experience
Would be happy with a Tully, Carlisle management team. Did well at Truro, both I believe are Pro A license coaches. Interviews well and good at developing players. Vas sell at Truro went to Luton then Birmingham for £3m.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
At this early stage, I think I'd be happy with one of Steve Tully, Matt Taylor or our former youth coach and ex Bangor manager Kevin Nicholson.

All young, all with a background of working with and developing young players and all know the club.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Oakley please.

Captained teams at the highest level, reads the game superbly, lives locally already and clearly cares about the club.

Definitely not Tully, he is not manager material.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster