• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who do you want in the next round?

Temporarily Exiled

Southern Premier League team with a big stadium, please. We're high on confidence right now, we can give anybody a game - especially in a cup.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Southern Premier League team with a big stadium, please. We're high on confidence right now, we can give anybody a game - especially in a cup.
The biggest one appears to be Kings Lynn, but I don't think they're in it. Besides, we've played there before.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not according to this:

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/extra-time-removed-from-carabao-cup-matches/

EDIT: Just seen the more recent link in the MDT - it's not like the EFL to just make things up as it goes along, eh?
"The Round Two draw sees the inclusion of the 13 Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions, alongside Sky Bet Championship sides Stoke City and Swansea City. The draw is unseeded but will be regionalised into North and South sections" = from the very link you posted. Sort it out, Jason

ExeterCityLad

"The Round Two draw sees the inclusion of the 13 Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions, alongside Sky Bet Championship sides Stoke City and Swansea City. The draw is unseeded but will be regionalised into North and South sections" = from the very link you posted. Sort it out, Jason
It says

"In addition to the on-field matters, clubs were also given the option to remove the seeding arrangements from the first two rounds of the Carabao Cup and the vote determined that this element will no longer feature. Round One will remain regionalised into North and South sections."

Avening Posse

It's been a while, let's give the Greenies a kicking
This please :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A London team away, or Reading away please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, in conclusion the second round may be regionalised, or it may not. :S

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, not from the very link I posted. The very link I posted makes no mention of this. The very link I posted is quoted below your post by ExeterCityLad.

It seems the EFL is making things up as it goes along, given the link posted in the MDT.

Boyo

WBA or Aston Villa away. Nice easy trip for me.

(Though I fear they may get shifted to the Northern section of the draw, as there are so many southern based Prem teams coming in to the second round)
Will be interesting to see how they do the regionalisation. 8 of the 13 Premier League clubs are very southern (Bouremouth, Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Watford). 2 are midlands (Wolves and Leicester), while only 3 are proper grim / northern (Huddersfield, Everton and Newcastle).

To ensure the draw is "fair" I'm guessing they will put the Northern and Midlands clubs into the North section, along with Watford (6 in total) and put the remaining 7 in the Southern section.

IndoMike

Er, not from the very link I posted. The very link I posted makes no mention of this. The very link I posted is quoted below your post by ExeterCityLad.

It seems the EFL is making things up as it goes along, given the link posted in the MDT.
I must be going mad..