• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which player...?

Midland Red

For me it has to be Alan Banks. A great player (at our level), a real gent and still involved. He may be a scouser originally but he has become a true Exeter legend. Exeter City without Alan somewhere around wouldn't be the same place, would it?

hardi2b

T*ss-up for me between Alan Banks and my personal pick the "Late Great" Cecil Smythe. Both consumate professionals at their resective positions !

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised nobody has mentioned John Delve yet.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised nobody has mentioned John Delve yet.
Most of us oldies could name at least a dozen players.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Toughie, Gill and Taylor give it 110% every game, Stanno and Deano both bauys, I think Deano just edges it with fellow Devonian Stanno just after. I think this is one of the most 'interested' squads we have had for a long time though, ECFC seems to mean a lot to all of our players, except, if I'm not being harsh, Harley who has made it clear this is/was a stepping stone.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tully for me.

Not the most talented but gives his all and is a genuinley nice bloke.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's defo Deano for me, and Sir Scott Hiley. Both Legends in their own right

deano
paul tisdale all time for me ;)

TimG

You couldn't have watched City much in your youth then Tim!!!
Well just went whenever the old man took me! i just always remember seeing flacky score dont know why

absentfriends

Deffinately scott Hiley for me way out in 1st place,with Deano coming 2nd. Nobody else would have played for us for as little as he did a week, (less than three figures) & then kept a dignified silence when he was shafted by the powers that be when they wanted him out, (probably because a certain prominant figure at the time was worried about not being as popular as he was)

It was a real shame that when he deffered his testimonial for 12 months so the club could give Flacky another contract this time with a testimonial, that more of our so called "Die Hard" supporters didn`t turn up to show their appreciation at the time. I mean, 10.000 fans trying to get tickets for Old Trafford, 30,000 fans that went to Wembley the first time, & only 1,500 appeared for Scott`s Testimonial. As I remember not even the entire Board turned up for that one. Entirely disgraceful!

I remember speaking to him after that game & thinking how embarrasing it was as a fan that once again we as a club had used someone for our own ends than just discard it like a broken toy, just like the good old days eh! & you only had to look at him to see the dissapointment in his eyes.

Now the boy still finds time to coach one of the C of E sides. I think you need look no further at all.