• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where are they now?

Hampshire White

As I have stated previously on another thread, although I am a seasoned Leeds United fan, I do have a 'soft spot' for Exeter City having lived there for a few years in the 90's.
I watched a few games and cheered the team along during the Division 4 Champion season while Terry Cooper was in charge. Having noiced that Mark Cooper is on his way to Peterborough, I was wondering what happened to the players of that era? I played Cricket with Kevin Miller & Jon Richardson once at the Civil service Club and often used to see Danny Bailey shopping in Sainsbury's when it was on Exe Bridge, but as the title says, where are they and the rest of that squad now?

Any ideas?

Jimmydee

Stevie Neville is a manager at an Australian team i think

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Last I heard Jon Richardson was at Worcester.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I tihnk Richard Young will be the trickiest to track down....

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stevie Neville is a manager at an Australian team i think

Yep Nevs (my all time favourite City player) is manager of a team called Perth Sorrento in a league on a par with Conference South/North level over here

Kevin Miller still plays in goal for our Exeter City legends team but he now lives in Cornwall and last I knew was still playing in goal for Bodmin Town in the South West Penninsular league

Danny Bailey is cente of excellence coach in London I think?

Richard Young - thats a mystery to this day, not seen or heard of since he left us

Richard Dryden is manager of Worcester City in Conference South

Shaun Taylor is now coaching our youngsters in our thriving centre of excellence and also features for the legends team

Paul Batty featured for our legends team against the Spurs legends back in the summer but now plies his trade as a builder these days but not sure if he is still local to Exeter or its elsewhere

Jim McNichol is landlord of the Exeter Inn down at Ashburton

Dave Walters is a farmer (as he always was when playing for us) up in North Devon and I think he still turns out in goal for a local North Devon side, last I knew was Putford

Clive Whitehead - Im not sure what he's up to these days but did feature for our legends team a couple of years ago

Tom Kelly is still in the area and is player manager of Bovey Tracey

Darren Rowbotham still lives locally in Kingsteignton and I think he is a PE teacher or is working with kids in sport?

Scott Hiley runs a B&B with his wife Tina in Clyst St Mary

Steve Harrower still lives locally to this area I think and could possibly be a plumber?

Not part of the 1989/90 squad but I see you mentioned Rico (Jon Richardson), he left us after his 2nd spell in 2008 to do a Physio degree and plays for Worcester City now

Last edited:

Jimmydee

RAWZ Richard Young commited suicide in the late 90'S.....RIP

Mike Blackstone

Last I heard Jon Richardson was at Worcester.
He left Worcester City at the end of last season, but last week joined Solihull Moors

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
RAWZ Richard Young commited suicide in the late 90'S.....RIP
Ah right I wasnt aware of that, thanks Jim

RIP

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
And neither was I... :$

Clive Whitehead works for the PFA.

Jimmydee

Angus McPherson is now manager of St. Mirren,on loan to us from Rangers in 1990