• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

When was the last time?

haka

True I should have been more careful I meant it to refer to just ourselves.
Ancient history, but when Bobby Saxton left us for Argyle several players followed: Colin Randell, John Sims, maybe others. We were in the same division (old 3).

whiff

I can't find anything on the internet but I am pretty sure that we played Portsmouth in a pre-season friendly in 1998 when Alan Ball was their manager. Before that the last competitive match against a side managed by a former manager was, I think, against Birmingham in the league cup on 25 August 1992; co-incidentally this match featured one of the finest performances in a City shirt by a future manager of the club - Eamon Dolan scored twice that day. The last league meeting was 29 March 1992.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
True I should have been more careful I meant it to refer to just ourselves.
Terry Cooper took a few City players with him when he went to Brum, I assume when we played them in 91/92 there would have been a few ex-City in the Brum team.

lamrobhero

Bobby Saxton left in January 1979 for Plymouth who we played in February and April 1979