• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

When a man is tired of London..

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoy working in London, and I plan to make sure I enjoy what London has to offer.

Would I live there? Yes, if Greenwich wasn't so bloody expensive, this (along with Chislehurst and Blackheath) is one of the few places that I would consider moving to if it meant being closer to work. Without a doubt the only city in Europe that really appeals to me is Barcelona, although Barcelona still suffers many of the same problems a London, crime, pollution etc.

Red Box

I wouldn't live in London period. I abhor our capital city with a passion. It doesn't even feel like an english city any more, it is dirty, polluted and full of chancers.

Exeter, and many other local towns and villages are far superior to raise a family. Most people who live in London eventually wake up to the fact one day that this life is not all about money and appreciate the South West for it's higher standard of living and natural beauty.

A lot of people who go off to work in London from local areas seem to have an attitude that they have reached the promised land, and have an attitude to match. Honestly, I am not at all impressed or envious, I enjoy a fantastic lifestyle here in Devon.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't live in London period. I abhor our capital city with a passion. It doesn't even feel like an english city any more, it is dirty, polluted and full of chancers.
Greenest city in Europe I believe in terms of open spaces. Cleaner than many I have been too. Full of chancers, yes perhaps, but no more than anywhere else.

Exeter, and many other local towns and villages are far superior to raise a family. Most people who live in London eventually wake up to the fact one day that this life is not all about money and appreciate the South West for it's higher standard of living and natural beauty.
Agreed it is not, but as I said a time of life thing. If I had kids or was old I would think differently and in that respect I agree with you.

A lot of people who go off to work in London from local areas seem to have an attitude that they have reached the promised land, and have an attitude to match. Honestly, I am not at all impressed or envious, I enjoy a fantastic lifestyle here in Devon.
London is the promised land, few make it however. Good for you enjoying a fantastic lifestyle in Devon, I do the same in London.

angelic upstart

London is nowhere near the greenest city in Europe, it wouldn't even be the greenest capital city in the UK.

Oli

London is nowhere near the greenest city in Europe, it wouldn't even be the greenest capital city in the UK.
Greenest in terms of parks per capita.

Red Box

Oli, London wouldn't even be in the top 10 of greenest cities in Europe, where did you get that 'fact' from?

Oli

Oli, London wouldn't even be in the top 10 of greenest cities in Europe, where did you get that 'fact' from?
Was in the newspaper a few years back, and by green I mean in terms of park land and open spaces, ie the colour not the environmental aspect. In that sense I suspect the pollution is up there near the top.

Red Box

I can just about tolerate London for a couple of days,bish bash whollurp,i'm out of there. As capitol cities go,you'd be hard pushed to Beat Berlin,well in europe anyway. i'm heading to 7 capitol cities in a weeks time,and Berlin is the one i'm most looking forward to.

angelic upstart

Berlin is an excellent city, I love it. It sh*ts on London and the vastly overrated Barcelona from great heights.