• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What's the worst job you've ever had???

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Willsbridge, just outside Bristol. God it was cold that day. I don't know how you can do it full time, especially in the winter.
We have a good laugh and luckily only half of the 900 we do a day are to the brim with solid ice at the moment

telesales worst job I ever had by a mile never do that again

Daughter of I_M

I've had many rubbish jobs. Selling timeshares, which I was rubbish at and got fired, selling windows, where I fell asleep and also got fired, wiping tables at the services for £2 an hour, but the worst so far is the job I'm in now. I been there 2 days and hate it already. If you've just left EDF and have an outstanding debt I'll be calling you soon!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was a young lad of 21 I worked for Weymouth Corporation as an auditor. As a perk I was given the job of paying all the expenses of the girls in the Miss Weymouth Competition. There were 12 weekly heats and the weekly winners came back for the final in September. I dated one weekly winner who camefrom Lancashire for a while. She came third in the final. The funny thing was that the girl who came fourth in the final was Lesley Langley who went on to win the Miss World Competition the next year.

It was a hard life!

Red the Paper

Banned
Worst job for me was working as a Labourer when I was 18. I was sacked for throwing mud in the boss's face thinking it was my brother, was also sacked for falling in a swimming pool whilst carrying a long 4b 2 batton. Also fell into a skip full of rubble.

During my time labouring the firm were building a huge building at Taunton abbatoir. My job was to dig out a huge mound of earth over two days. Every third or so time I dug in my shovel got stuck and when I looked down it was a cows hoof or something. The mound of earth was being used by the abbatoir workers who threw out "off cuts" and I mean off cuts.

crocks

Worst job I had was working at Lloyd Maunders for the summer....stood at the end of the line taking off the stray feathers from chickens that the machine had missed. Sometimes, the heads were still on and then i would have to pull them off.

The smell as you arrived in the morning was sick making. Eventually, as the morning wore on, you would get used to it and not "smell" it any more. Makes me heave just thinking about it.

Good money though.....

Gozzer

Bet that looks good on your CV, Crocks. Pulling the heads off chickens...

crocks

Bet that looks good on your CV, Crocks. Pulling the heads off chickens...
...do you reckon I could be a rock star?

Gozzer

Oh my God, you didn't pull them off with your teeth? +o(

Invisible Man

Oh my God, you didn't pull them off with your teeth? +o(
The Chinese eat the chicken heads...we don't know what we are missing...no wonder their eyes are slit (awaits infraction points)