• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whats the Stupidest thing you have ever done?

Newtonpop

Finding Exeweb on the interweb thingy 4 year's ago, been addicted eversince!!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going out on 'Newbury Grecian's' leaving do....He hates me more than ever and another exewebber i didn't previously know hates me even more than the pity taking Newbury Grecian...

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
I once crossed the Suspension bridge across the Exe whilst it was under repair!
It was back in the 70's and I was about ten at the time, I was with some friends and we had been out dog walking and our route back was across the bridge so we ignored the signs and crossed regardless.
It gave me nightmares for years after, in places there were only one or two planks left and the River was roaring past below, but us being kids thought it was an adventure......still makes me shudder to this day. :(

Red the Paper

Banned
Secondly, just rubbed my eyes after cutting a Chilli. How long does the pain last for?
Luckily for you Lammie you only rubbed your eyes. My bollox are still stinging. I did wash my hands before continuing to cook

Red Alert

Playing " hide the money box key" in the bedroom, with my brother when I was about 10. It was metal and I tried to hide it behind the plug for the light. Pulled the plug out about 5mm then dropped the key in behind **BANG**.

Went to work a day early after the Xmas break, still all locked up and deserted!!

Red Robbo

How can you answer this one?
I've been (and probably still am) stupid enough to do things that could've got me killed, maimed, arrested, jailed. Where to start? As a youngster I had a bit of a liking for fire and things that went bang, (probably why I became a weapons engineer), so I set fire to the heating oil tank on the side of a very large house. You could see the flames from miles around, quite spetacular. (And I got caught, f*cking grassed up I was).

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading Red Robbo's post has reminded me of something even more stupid than my previous post...

When I was in my last year of school a friend took an interest in all things explosive so he got himself ingredients and instructions from websites like anarchists cookbook and set about making things like plastic explosive.

We thought this was hilarious, we used to put it in the french banger paper and set it off in school, blow lumps out of the school field and drop it down drains and watch the cover jump! Down at the warren we threw it into ponds and the explosion under the water sent a jet of water easily 20 feet into the air!

All was going well until the day before our terminal GCSE maths exam when we were in his outhouse with a lump the size of a 50p piece, said friend decided it would be clever to cut explosive with a pair of wire cutters into a smaller piece....did I mention it was pressure sensitive?

No flash, no 'noticeable sound', just a terrible ringing in my ears and I got thrown back against the wall of his outhouse like somebody had pushed me in the chest, the window smashed at the other end of the room and I couldnt hear a thing.

I went home shortly after and turned up at school the next day for my most important exam and sat for about 2 hours with my ears ringing like a fire alarm, I never heard them say stop writing at the end!! :S

Bloody mad, and something i'd never ever play with now, unless in a controlled environment!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
:D

Tell me more, tell me more....
One really stupid thing does spring to mind.

Picture a campsite near Sennen Cove at twilight, lots of beer and weed, a drunken, stoned biker from Knutsford, complete with a large Yamaha. Add to that a chip shop and off licence 5 miles away.
I did sober up pretty quick on the journey and I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

Red Box

One really stupid thing does spring to mind.

Picture a campsite near Sennen Cove at twilight, lots of beer and weed, a drunken, stoned biker from Knutsford, complete with a large Yamaha. Add to that a chip shop and off licence 5 miles away.
I did sober up pretty quick on the journey and I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.
Why, how big was his chopper?

Scooterboy 65

As a young 20 year old I was down paignton with some mates and I got to the railway crossing and the barriers were coming down and I went for it and just made it bricked myself.
I have never done it again