• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What's the Right age to take you Nipper?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
depends on the kid, would say 5 is the earliest. that was when i saw my first game but remember very little of it, my brother was 8 i think when he first went.

maybe a good idea to pick a pre season friendly so if it goes wrong you don't mind missing some of the game and hasn't cost so much or failing that an end of season meaningless game(not that we have had many of those in past 10 years). both options are also likely to give you a nice warm day.

Red Dingbat

My Dad took me when i was around 4/5 . We used to go in the old cowshed and i had a little stool to stand on so i could see over the bars! I can't really remeber much of the first few seasons except for that stool!

Red the Paper

Banned
My Dad took me when i was around 4/5 . We used to go in the old cowshed and i had a little stool to stand on so i could see over the bars! I can't really remeber much of the first few seasons except for that stool!
Wasn't that the time when we played games over 2 legs and were top of the table?:-O

supercity2007

Hi, My girl is now 14 months but yet I'm hesitating to take her, I would go in the Family Seating Area when I do, I have seen people take younger children then 14 months, I know my girl would love it, She loves it on telly and When i Jumped for Joy on Arsenal's second she laughed her lil head off, So i'm thinking maybe I should test the water sometime soon.
Thankfully I'm much much better at parenting then writing, So I understand we may have to leave at half time due to attention span,

What sort of age and game would you take your lil star?
my little one went to away games from 6 months, now 5 she loves it, Sadly you will find it hard to buy exeter stuff for your daughter unless you want to dress her like a boy, i was told by the club,that there is not a market for girls clothing age 3-7 ,seems exeter people dont have daughters that may want to support the club and dress in pink like other clubs do to encourage there female fans. we are so behind the times.

Fareham Grecian

I would suggest you don't take her until you're at least 18.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi, My girl is now 14 months but yet I'm hesitating to take her, I would go in the Family Seating Area when I do, I have seen people take younger children then 14 months, I know my girl would love it, She loves it on telly and When i Jumped for Joy on Arsenal's second she laughed her lil head off, So i'm thinking maybe I should test the water sometime soon.
Thankfully I'm much much better at parenting then writing, So I understand we may have to leave at half time due to attention span,

What sort of age and game would you take your lil star?
Not from personel experience but my mate tried to take his little bro when he was about 3 or 4. I personally would say it depends on each kid and how interested/ how long they can stay still without getting bored!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I started watching City in the flybe & OG when I was 6 or 7, then I moved up to the BB when I was 11. Been there ever since! :D

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i took my nephew to his first city game when he was six. at first he was more interested in the lion than the football, and kept asking how long till it finished. it didnt take him long to get into it and 4 years on is exeter city mad now

StixUK

I took my lad when he was about 3 and he was more interested in playing with his toy cars on the old cowshed terrecing floor until someone trod on his hand , put him off for a little while
Funny that, I took my lad at the same age but this was in the Stagecoach and he just played with his cars. I would say if you want an uniterrupted game of footie then you are looking at at least 4 yrs old but my son is 4 and I still wouldn't take him as shows no interest after 10 mins...so will be waiting until he is around 5 and started school, I've heard kids become more focused then.

kpecfc10

19th March, home to Yeovil. She'll be just under 5 months old.