• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What year did you first watch or take a interest in The Grecians ?

chrisw

4th February 1961 v Bradford Park Avenue, a 4-2 win (Carter 2, Jenkins, Thompson) and I was hooked!
And this is an interesting article about Park Avenue in that period https://bradfordsporthistory.com/2018/04/13/16-apr-18-spare/

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can never remember my first game and it still annoys me - would have been early 70's i reckon

Red red

I always say Man Utd 1969 aged 7 but started going regularly 1970 /71 used pocket money. Paper round money yes aged 8/9 standing on the old wall on what became the away end .

A Slacker

My first game was against Hartlepool in January 1975. It was a friend's birthday and a small group of us sat in the OG. John Templeman scored in a 1 - 0 win. I just loved it and was frustrated that I had no one to take me regularly until I was old enough to be allowed to go with friends. I quickly became obsessed with everything Exeter City and spent an inordinate time in the "Near Post" on Blackboy Road drooling over old programmes and City merchandise. My greatest buy was an Exeter City lamp.

BUDLEIGH RED

Never post here but often visit. I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. I knew it was September 1985 and it was home to Tranmere, I thought it was 1-1 but after googling City won 1-0. I think Keith Vinney scored from 25/30 yards. I was 9 yrs old and me and dad stood in the middle of the cowshed, well I sat on the front barrier. My only real memories are the goal (I think) and Colin Appleton screaming and shouting the whole game

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pre-season friendlies in the summer of 1966 at the age of 17, the (only) year England won the World Cup. Wasn't interested in football until the WC (went to a rugby playing school). Have followed City ever since. Some great moments - and some truly dire ones over those 54 years.

budegrecian

The year was 1967, I believe & I'd just turned 8, but, like some others, I can't recall the game. Pretty soon started going regularly. Been totally obsessed ever since.