• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What would Argyle going down mean to you?

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Here's the Facebook event.... The banter on the wall has been insane!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=628857195&ref=profile#/event.php?eid=54876720988&ref=mf

Woodsy

First of all, i think we shouldn't get a head of ourselves there is still almost 3 months to go!
But If we were in the same league as them it will be a massive deal. I've only ever known us lose or draw to the scum, and quite frankly i can't wait to give all the people who have given me stick, some back. People can never understand why i hate them and say i should respect what they have done, but nuts to them. I've always looked forward to the day we meet again and we can beat the cornish scum!

cityfan13

When we were in the Conference, I never used to see the point in the Argyle chants as they were light years ahead of us in footballing terms, not to mention a couple of divisions higher.

However, if the mouthwatering prospect of playing them next season happens. Consider the Argyle chants back on in full force!

To actually be in the same league again as our rivals! would be awesome! i remember the intensity of the derbies years ago! and they really are the best games i've been to.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldnt it be something if we were end up playing them next season, the anticipation of playing our rivals once again would be awesome. It often goes through my mind, but i am not counting chicks just yet, its nice to think that there is every possibility it could happen.

Having only ever seen us play the Gargs twice (one of those games was a Devon Bowl final, but hey we beat them!:D) i'd like to think these derby games will happen sooner rather than later. Its been too long...........

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I remember standing on a table in a Doncaster bar and singing "City up, Argyle down" back in 1977. I'm hoping I can perform a similar routine at the end of this season.
The promotion in 1976/77 was so much sweeter in the knowledge that we'd be playing them the next season. Remember singing with glee "We'll be playing Pymouth Argyle in the third".

Please let us be playing them next season. Would mean so much.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In response to the OP.

Guaranteed 3 points on both Boxing Day and New Years Day for us :D
Won't happen. No derby games on bank holidays in the league.

Copernicus

It would be simply awesome, they will be within touching distance (with a barge pole of course) for the first time in a long time and it is what being a Grecian is all about (I saw my first derby in 1978).

It would be thanks to the true fans that kept the club going during the "dark ages", saved us from extinction and are doing a fantastic job right now!

It could have all ended just a few years ago and here we are looking forward to the real possibility of playing the Gargoyles in a league match and not just dreaming about it!

It would be a fitting tribute to dedicate the game to them (when it happens, and it will happen)

I think we all need to pinch ourselves to make sure it is not a dream!

Hats off to the TRUE SUPPORTERS.

Then again it is just the football universe returning to normal, Yeovil and Cheltenham will be relegated and they are only Non-League clubs really so they should be below us, the Turkeys are where they belong (long may it be so) and the Gargs will be in the same division as us next season.

Looking forward to Boxing Day, UTC!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
What would Argyle going down mean to me?

I'd f*cking love it. Even better if we also go up.

Only been to one - that 2-3 and the result was one of the most miserable experiences football has ever given to me. The atmosphere though was one of the best experiences football has ever given to me.

ECFC TOM

If Argyle go down and we go up, it would mean I would get a taste of my first proper City-Argyle game. I would probably **** myself with excitement.

Borat

It would mean an easy 6 points ;)