• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last album you bought or downloaded?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm New Here - Gil Scott Heron

(little short of miraculous that the great man has got himself together enough to record a new album...almost as surprising, the Voice is as rich as ever, though now tinged with a Leonard Cohen-ish roughness; & he's experimenting with some dark & dirty dubstep grooves, reminiscent of Mr Burial...but it's all very dark & bleak...)
This intrigues me.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope its not a mistake for Gil to keep going. His back catalogue sets a very high standard to maintain.

Red Lion

Reading some of the 'hip and trendy' bands that i've never heard of, I feel about as welcome on this thread as a piglet in a synagogue!

Anyway, it's my eldest lad's birthday next week. One of his presents is a little CD player/radio, with Madness and Bad Manners greatest hits CDs.

I think they'll be right up his street. If he doesn't like them, I will!

angelic upstart

on a bit of a powerviolence/thrash/grindcore kick at the mo so the last 3 I've downloaded are ...

i know a girl who develops crime scene photos - combatwoundedveteran
self titled ep - religious as f*ck
welcome f*cking home 7" - ******* parade

i've a pretty good feeling they won't appeal to many on these boards :D
apart from possibly the upstart (assuming you got on with the aus rotten stuff i gave you?)
I love Aus rotten. I even got a copy of "The Rotten agenda"

Sadly, the CD you gave me wont play anymore. Even more sad is I still dunno how to download music.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Saturday - Ocean colour Scene

Nine albums in, this is a career high-water mark [y]

4ORDY

biffy clyro - Puzzle, very good !

Swanaldo

Had a little splurge in Fopp today.

The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian
Head Over Heels by the Cocteau Twins
&
Marvin Gaye's What's Going On

£3 each. Bargain.

Any Zappa fans reading this, they've got a massive range of FZ albums for a fiver each, including Joe's Garage and all of the You Cant Do That On Stage..... stuff.

buggerlugs

I love Aus rotten. I even got a copy of "The Rotten agenda"

Sadly, the CD you gave me wont play anymore. Even more sad is I still dunno how to download music.
I'd offer to put some stuff on a USB stick for you but fear this would confuse things further :)

4ORDY

Had a little splurge in Fopp today.

The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian
Head Over Heels by the Cocteau Twins
&
Marvin Gaye's What's Going On

£3 each. Bargain.

Any Zappa fans reading this, they've got a massive range of FZ albums for a fiver each, including Joe's Garage and all of the You Cant Do That On Stage..... stuff.
Fopp is a cracking store :D

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Havn't bought anything in a while. Downloaded 2 records by a band from the bahamas called Exuma the other week. They are both untitled as far as I can make out, its like psychy, ethnic, folk music. Not bad. I wouldn't reccomend it if you don't like world music a lot though.

The last physical record I got was a Secret Santa present from a girl called Helga in the midlands. It was a 10" record on Mylene Sheath Records by a band called Beneath Oblivion. Pretty good sludge/doom band. Would highly reccomend if you like slow to mid paced heavy metal.