• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was my first game?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike B might have the answer - I'm amazed at what he knows. Obviously missed penalties wouldn't show up on stats so it's either going to be someone who was there provides the answer or ....

Maybe the Express & Echo has it in an archived match report - or even ITV ( Westward or TV Southwest?) may have filmed it. Do they keep archive film for long? If so where will it end up?

(Speaking of ITV - the hamster report on ITV local news last night. Very funny with a nice seasoning of cute and wierd. Are you all getting a bit stir crazy now that ITV have announced they're cutting their local output?) :)

Mark Tyler

Thanks for everyones help on this so far. I seem to remember that it was an evening game, but, 36 (ish) years on, my memory may be playing tricks again....

Mark

PS Thanks for all the messages of support re. ITV Westcountry/West merger ...and thanks for the couple that will be glad to be shot of us ! (Haven't had yours yet Mr Moxey)

Nearer the time I will let everyone know the implications for coverage of Exeter, alongside Plymouth, Yeovil, Bristol City, Rovers, Swindon and Cheltenham.

CITY CASUAL

City v Liverpool 1981.

Antony Moxey

PS Thanks for all the messages of support re. ITV Westcountry/West merger ...and thanks for the couple that will be glad to be shot of us ! (Haven't had yours yet Mr Moxey)
Are you still here? G'wan, be away with you to some obscure satellite channel.

:D:D

Red the Paper

Banned
Are you still here? G'wan, be away with you to some obscure satellite channel.

:D:D
I thought Westcountry News was a cable show;)

Scooterboy 65

Oldsmobile is very knowledgeable on games years ago.
All the best Mark with whats happening to Westcountry. Always found the WSN a good laugh to come to and Zoe enjoyed her appearance in it.

LammieLammieLammie

and Zoe enjoyed her appearance in it.
I think it's fair to say that Manc did as well.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I know this has been done 100 times before, but my first City match was Brentford 1 City 0, Feb (?) '91, with Murray Jones sent off for City.

Prior to that my first ever match was also at Brentford in about March 1988, England U-15 1 Brazil U-15 0. Star of the show for England was a lad called Trevor Sinclair. My first League match was the following Saturday again at Brentford, where the Bees beat Notts County 1-0. Garry Birtles played for County and was dreadful.

LammieLammieLammie

I know this has been done 100 times before, but my first City match was Brentford 1 City 0, Feb (?) '91, with Murray Jones sent off for City.

Prior to that my first ever match was also at Brentford in about March 1988, England U-15 1 Brazil U-15 0. Star of the show for England was a lad called Trevor Sinclair. My first League match was the following Saturday again at Brentford, where the Bees beat Notts County 1-0. Garry Birtles played for County and was dreadful.
Give yourself infraction points. It's not about your first game, it's about Marks!

Some people. :D;)

Scooterboy 65

I think it's fair to say that Manc did as well.
I think a few did if i remember
Good job Unc was there to be her bodyguard that night.