• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have moved on to Waitrose's 'Exeter City Merlot'. Good price at £4.94 if buying 3 bottles or more. There are better Merlots but how many mention Exeter City on the label?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
A large Isle of Jura

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A couple of pints of Fullers in the upstairs bar at Paddington rail station after visiting the West Ham/Olympic Stadium.

Steve H

On your recommendation I bought a bottle of Talisker Dark storm ... and very nice it was too.
Cheers Stuffy. for every one of the twenty five years I've been with my good lady I've had a bottle of single malt from my in laws every 6 months (June birthday !) so I have many recommendations....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
St Austell's Eureka, an American Pale Ale, 5.9%. It's okay.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just bought 12 x bottles of Tiger from Asda. I shall be sampling a few very shortly.

StroudGrecian

A choice of 30+ beers and ciders at Stroud's Crown and Sceptre, for tonight is the start of the 2016 beer festival. Aim to get through half of them by close of play Monday night, though will give the Spingo a miss!

Food and live music all weekend too, including Bad Manners live on Sunday night.

Alistair20000

A choice of 30+ beers and ciders at Stroud's Crown and Sceptre, for tonight is the start of the 2016 beer festival. Aim to get through half of them by close of play Monday night, though will give the Spingo a miss!

Food and live music all weekend too, including Bad Manners live on Sunday night.

Something a bit rum having cider at a beer festival ? :S

I am pleased you are not relying on punting for your bank holiday weekend pleasure Stroudy.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Something a bit rum having cider at a beer festival ? :S

I am pleased you are not relying on punting for your bank holiday weekend pleasure Stroudy.
I used to partake but I kept falling in the Cam.

Uley's Laurie Lee, Thornbridge's Jaipur and Millstone's Tiger Rut successfully negotiated. No idea what wonders today will bring.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
A nice Thatchers Gold last night went down a treat!!!