• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What thread that gets dragged up hacks you off?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has to be 'Do we need a new keeper or wot?' by PeteUSA. I don't get hacked off abour the subject of the thread itself, just the fact that it keeps bloody getting dragged up all the friggin time. The guy had an opinion when Jones was a lot wobblier...get over it ffs. It's old hat and quite tiresome to have it dredged up week after week.
Agreed. And it will be back next season.

KingBilly

For me it has to be the 'What are you wearing', 'What are you listening to', 'What are you eating' type threads.

All very gay.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh god not this tired old thread again, give it a rest FFS

Grecian2K

Anything/everything posted by b_t_i +o(

ForeverECFC

Anything/everything posted by b_t_i +o(
Agreed!,

Also this one got brought up alot

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26555&page=77&highlight=George+Friend

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I believe he has scored tonight against Barnstaple, so might well appear again!

PeteUSA

Also, the 'about these avatars' thread is a complete waste of bandwidth that doesn't need to be continued any further. IMO of course.
Antony, allow me to mark your card in respect of the 'about these avatars' thread.

I first started that thread on June 5th 2004 after exeweb had developed the technology of allowing 'avatars'. As time went by, I realised that I didnt know the majority of people or images that people were useing, given I'd been away so long, so I asked the question in the OP.

If you check the first quarter or so of the 20,000 odd posts on there, you'll see what I mean. Mr E explained who his character represented, Dr Dave explained his, and I could have sworn that you explained yours. Anyway, everbody with an avatar joined in, and there are some really interesting stories from the old days, mixed in. It worked really well. Then, because we were running out of ideas, somebody suggested the format that prevails today. That wasnt the original plan, but I'm now wondering whether the thread responses will put it in the Guinness Book of Records catagory. 8-|

Swanaldo

In respect of the 'about these avatars' thread...I'm now wondering whether the thread responses will put it in the Guinness Book of Records catagory. 8-|
I'd imagine that 21,000-odd replies is pretty small potatoes.

Antony Moxey

There has been a few, and I am as guilty as most...
Actually mate, I'd say you're substantially more guilty than most put together for digging up half a dozen five year old threads at two in the morning.

But to answer your question: none now, sometimes it's good fun to see what was going on back in the day and whether people's opinions have changed over time.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Quite - without naming names* there are a few posters who manage to get things remarkably consistently wrong, especially with regards forming opinions of players very early and refusing to change them until very late, but never seem to learn from it. Dragging these threads up may cause them to think twice in the future.

I like the bloke so feel a bit guilty about singling him out but one may or may not support Liverpool
It'll never happen Phil.