• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

what is your greatest fear or phobia?

les.gtfc

That we'll never get out of this bloody tinpot league.

Red the Paper

Banned
I'm flying down the Montpellier later today and although I'd consider myself a fairly frequent flyer, I would still put being on an airplane as my biggest fear.

The experts spout facts like flying is safer than walking around in your own home etc., but there is still something I don't like about sitting in a tin can (also a bit claustrophobic) hurtling through the air at 30,000 feet.
Are you sure you have a fear of flying, surely it is a fear of crashing you have. Flying is perfectly safe it is taking off and landing are the biggest dangers. Get a grip man, worse things happen at sea...unless of course your plane crashes in the sea, then you are stuck in the plane whilst the water rushes in and drowns you.

Good luck with your phobia

mustangspeed2006

Are you sure you have a fear of flying, surely it is a fear of crashing you have. Flying is perfectly safe it is taking off and landing are the biggest dangers. Get a grip man, worse things happen at sea...unless of course your plane crashes in the sea, then you are stuck in the plane whilst the water rushes in and drowns you.

Good luck with your phobia
*Rings up airline to cancel flight.*

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have this as well! Not fun.
It means that you're worried that you've upset someone you work with, apparently.

grecIAN Harris

The dentist and injections.

elginCity

Flying is perfectly safe
That is exactly the kind of complacent attitude that the crew of Flight AF447 adopted.

Flying is unnatural, nature would have given us wings and a rear gunner instead of feet otherwise.

I hate flying, and heights, sitting in a plane or not.

Mine is blowing up balloons! I hate it, inane fear of it popping in my face, taking out my eyes.