• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What is a 'proper fan'?

JayPob94

I live in Aberdeen and will always look out for Citys scores and the result will always change my mood for the weekend. Any games that are possible, like the pre season games in Fife and Arbroath, and fixtures north like the Sunderland game, will always be attended. Busy schedules with work and other commitments mean Im rarely down south for home games but when I am I will always watch the boys play.

In my opinion we are all proper fans.... You just look at people who say their die hard Manchester United/Chelsea fans but live in towns with small football clubs, nothing gets my goat up more than that.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a real fan cause I got a ticket for Liverpool home leg :)
Or you could just be one of those people with no club connection who JT offered free tickets to ! :(

andrew p long

a proper chap?

Grecian2K

I believe Vent Axia offer a pretty comprehensive range.

contrabombarde

I used to collect tractors, so I suppose that makes me an ex-tractor fan.

geoffwp

Sharp as a well honed knife as always G2K.

angelic upstart

There's no such thing as a proper fan, we all are provided we say we are.

That said, I would respect certain fans more than others. We've had two big away games against premier league opposition this season, one against a near full strength Sunderland side and we took 500 up, they saw 9 goals and city have a massive go. The other match saw us play a load of kids we barely turned up and 6000 went for "the occasion". I know which game I would rather have seen.

DB9

For me a "Proper" fan is someone who is lucky enough to be a Grecian, Support a great club, Be ecstatic when we win an mad as hell when we lose. That is why i love Exeweb, Because to me everyone on there is a "Proper" fan, Whether they can seem negative or the most rose tinter, The range of opinions is a true reflection of being a fan. Its not how many times you go to a game, Home or Away or how much money you give/raise, Its just being a Grecian

greatwhite

I used to collect tractors, so I suppose that makes me an ex-tractor fan.
Sharp as a well honed knife as always G2K.
I see certain things have not changed with age...I might be back here when we get promoted to share my joy....Until now I'm Play-Doh!!!...

dontpassback

I have a relative who went to city for years,but health means he now can't attend.he still follows city on the radio and celebrates the wins.I would class him as proper fan but the term proper fan is open to anyones interpretation.