• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What ever the result tomorrow

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter City football club are the victors!

For me at least, the target has always to play PAFC in a league match, again.

Many on here now won't remember this but during those deep darkest days in the twilight world of the conference there were regular threads headed "Why do we still sing, We Hate Argyle"? People even suggested that we should be singing about Torquay, or even Weymouth and beleive it or not, there were also people that suggested we should admire the Slime!

There were even some sad individuals that defected....shame!

Best of luck to those plucky souls that stood on the terraces as we were losing to Northwich Victoria, whilst Plymouth were entertaining Wolves and still having the outright cheek, nerve and perhaps humour, to hurl abuse at our lofty neighbours. It looked touch and go for a while there but in many hearts the thought of playing our Devon rivals again stayed strong.

We're back, and tomorrow a notable match is happening, a match which defines our recovery, a massive reward to the loyal supporters and another jewel in the crown of our brave players, our superb coaching set up, our canny manager and the wonderful workings of the trust which gave us back our club.

Not one to shout but...

WE ARE EXETER, SAY WE ARE EXETER!:D

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
Great post STURTZ.
Come on you Rrreeeeddddssssss

Pete Martin (CTID)

Best of luck to those plucky souls that stood on the terraces as we were losing to Northwich Victoria, whilst Plymouth were entertaining Wolves.....
So glad and proud to have been one of them Strurtz!! [G]

fordysutton

So glad and proud to have been one of them Strurtz!! [G]
[y]WELL SAID[y] 100% agree with that.

flakey pasty

Many on here now won't remember this but during those deep darkest days in the twilight world of the conference there were regular threads headed "Why do we still sing, We Hate Argyle"? People even suggested that we should be singing about Torquay, or even Weymouth and beleive it or not, there were also people that suggested we should admire the Slime!

Best of luck to those plucky souls that stood on the terraces as we were losing to Northwich Victoria, whilst Plymouth were entertaining Wolves and still having the outright cheek, nerve and perhaps humour, to hurl abuse at our lofty neighbours. It looked touch and go for a while there but in many hearts the thought of playing our Devon rivals again stayed strong.

We're back, and tomorrow a notable match is happening, a match which defines our recovery, a massive reward to the loyal supporters and another jewel in the crown of our brave players, our superb coaching set up, our canny manager and the wonderful workings of the trust which gave us back our club.

Not one to shout but...

Great post, Sturtz.
I always believed we would rise again ..... and as we continue our ascent, they continue their ever-accelerating decline.
UTC!!

Essex Red

losing to Northwich Victoria - luxery. Enduring Canvey Island away - that really was hard.........

heathy1

Leigh RMI away twice now thats hard!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not one to shout but...

:D
No, especially not obscenities at the ref when there's a bunch of eleven-year-olds in front of you on the Big Bank. The look on your face when you realised there were kids around was priceless!

(As I recall, it made their day)

Enjoy tomorrow mate, it's a day for the real fans that had the faith, and everyone knows you're one of those.

WE ARE EXETER, SAY, WE ARE EXETER!

Stuart Storer's Tache

Not one to shout but...

I did sometimes question why I would join in on that chant, but deep down I knew we would play then again. Football goes in cycles and I knew (blind faith) they would fall a we would rise again.

Lister

Not one to shout but...

Like this, a lot!