• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budegrecian

I am rather pessimistic about when fans will be back in the grounds. And if they go for a maximum of 1,000 at SJP the club would be facing a loss for each game held that would be even greater than currently.
A maximum of 1000 would certainly result in the club losing money. Those 1000, i presume, would come from season ticket holders & I'm guessing most of us have already said that the club can retain the money we've already paid for our ticket, so there would be little to no gate revenue from those attending but there would be the match day costs to meet.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
A maximum of 1000 would certainly result in the club losing money. Those 1000, i presume, would come from season ticket holders & I'm guessing most of us have already said that the club can retain the money we've already paid for our ticket, so there would be little to no gate revenue from those attending but there would be the match day costs to meet.
It's about more than making or losing a few grand...The game needs to get people back in the ground (even at limited numbers) to begin to reconnect with the fanbase and establish at least some atmosphere. Watching online is a bit like a FIFA 2020 game

Spoonz Red E

It's about more than making or losing a few grand...The game needs to get people back in the ground (even at limited numbers) to begin to reconnect with the fanbase and establish at least some atmosphere. Watching online is a bit like a FIFA 2020 game
I think that with crowd atmosphere back there could also be a renewed impetus to push ifollow to those who can't make it due to the capacity limit.

Nigel E

On a related point, it was good to see Ollie Watkins get into Hansard through the debate on the petition:

"However, I was particularly struck by the stories about some of Brentford Football Club’s fans. Woody is a young Brentford fan with Down’s syndrome. When football was taken away from him in March, he struggled, to the extent that his hair started to fall out. Huge credit must go to the Brentford players, in particular Woody’s favourite, Ollie Watkins, who left Brentford for Aston Villa earlier in the year but still took the time to go and visit Woody after he left the club, to see how he was doing". (Ruth Cadbury MP for Brentford and Isleworth)

Last edited:

dontpassback

I don’t expect anyone will be let in any ground without proof of being COVID negative.How and where the pre match tests will happen is anyones guess

Red Devon

I don’t expect anyone will be let in any ground without proof of being COVID negative.How and where the pre match tests will happen is anyones guess
There has been some talk in the media about a vaccine immunisation card being issued to people who take up the vaccine I can see the thinking behind it.

Grecian Max

There has been some talk in the media about a vaccine immunisation card being issued to people who take up the vaccine I can see the thinking behind it.
That would be an old crowd...

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unlucky kids.

iscalad

Ha ha

Spoonz Red E

Typical City.
Take a shot.
It just leads to a clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.