• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What a fantastic season!

Parklife

Ol' Liam wants the team to do well and is frustrated when it doesn't.. Seems like a normal football supporter to me. I am also f*cked off that City got knocked out. Do we have to be happy when we lose??
Who's happy?

It would be nice if he could keep a sense of perspective though.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ol' Liam wants the team to do well and is frustrated when it doesn't.. Seems like a normal football supporter to me. I am also f*cked off that City got knocked out. Do we have to be happy when we lose??
Why do people assume that if we're not ranting and raving over a defeat we're happy? I wouldn't say I was particularly enthralled by last night's result, but a defeat in the FA Cup isn't the end of the world.

FAN-TATIC

Indo Mike: "do we have to be happy when we lose?"

I'm not happy that we lost last night, but I know that if we win on Saturday against Tranmere, the 'pain' of losing last night (after extra time away from home) will soon be erased by the joy if 3 more League One points.

Given the choice of watching City playing in League One next season against watching us get knocked out of the FA Cup in round 3 by a Premiership side, the answer is a no brainer.

Let's face it we were not going to win the FA Cup so going out in the 1st round rather than the 3rd is immaterial save for the financial considertions.

I was bloody unhappy last night that Frear's equaliser meant I had to hang around for another 30 minutes when I could have been 40 miles down the motorway getting closer to my bed!

Parklife

Let's face it we were not going to win the FA Cup so going out in the 1st round rather than the 3rd is immaterial save for the financial considertions.
But at the moment the finance side of it is pretty big consideration. When we haven't got a (green & white) pot to **** in everything helps and I think another couple of games in the cup wouldn't have gone a miss.

crocks

IHowever, if you see O'Flynn as the answer, fully fit or not someone has asked you the wrong question. He has been absolutely awful and IMO has never been anything to write home about. He is never going to be a high scoring striker and as for leading the line, I see nothing that persuades me that he is the one for that role.
Whole heartedly agree with this. Not only one of the worst forwards City have had, but one of the worst players.

He would struggle to be picked for Purton! :cool:

les.gtfc

A step closer to you.
I can't see us going up this season mate. :)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The bench last night summed up this season , full of lads who prob are not quite ready/gonna change the game on a consistent basis.

Out the cup again , such a shame - now to fight relegation.

If we stay up , which i think we will , the squad needs a serious overhall next summer.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be next season fella.
Clueless, plastic, prem sh*te.

Did you pay for your sky+ season ticket this year?

Grecian1966

Ironic that a few people have suggested Liam should switch his allegiances to a bigger, more successful club.

I don't suppose they're aware that the McNamara family have a track record for this kind of thing. When Barry realised he was unlikely to get re-elected to the city council as a Tory he defected and stood for Labour instead.

Like father, like son? One can only hope! ;-)

Seriously Liam, as others have said, your glass is definitely half empty; for as long as Tis is involved at SJP mine will always be half full.
Bit harsh that egg nog me old mucker? Are you comparing Liam to Labour's equivalent of Stuart Hughes (ex Raving Looney now part of the Sidmouth Tories)?

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
Now Now mate you know what happend the last time you had a go at someone!..you'll be cast out into the exeweb wilderness again!!
Some people need telling how it is mate. I am still having nightmares about that exeweb prison you know! Things went on in there that you wouldn't read about in The Daily Sport! :$