• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We're top of the league!

ecfc70

well done to keeping it clean this season, very commendable

do we get a place in the inter-toto cup now?

While there will be the inevitable "If we were more nasty we might not have finished in 16th" shouts, and they would certainly have a lot of merit, fair play has its benefits too.

I remember when Blakey was in charge and our disciplinary record was awful. As well as ending games short of a full 11 and suspensions, plus fines and whatnot, there was (to my mind at least) a feeling that refs would be harsher on us because they knew we were a bit of a dirty bunch. I remember matches where the slightest challenge would see our player in the book whereas our opponents could get away with a lot more.

That said, I'm sure if we threatened the lino and headbutted the fouled player every time a penalty was given against us we might have had a few overturned! ;)
How many penalties were we awarded this season?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many penalties were we awarded this season?
One... And we missed it.. (Gow vs Accrington away)

:$

Last edited:
One... And we missed it.. (Gow vs Accrington away) :$
Doesn't suggest that we are favourably treated by referees because of our good disciplinary record does it?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't suggest that we are favourably treated by referees because of our good disciplinary record does it?
You have to get into the box to get a penalty. In most of the home games this season we have done little more than shoot from outside of it.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what did we win?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's a bit of a bizarre non-sequitur if coming purely off the back of my post.

My suggestion was that in the bad old days we'd be more harshly treated in terms of bookings because we had a "reputation", which ended up costing us quite a bit in terms of finishing games short, suspensions and FA fines.