• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well that minute silence was a bit different

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure Fullsey used to say the poem before the one min silence started.

Because it wasnt read i believe the chap said it.....

The man who shouted "shut your mouth" was a bit out of touch with what was going on

Tada
Inded he was, he was sat somewhat behind us in the Flybe. I thought reading that poem was very moving.

iscalad

Yep sounded like the same bloke...was in the flybe and took a moment to realise what he was saying...there were many people who murmured "we will remember them" and the bank applauded his delivery..which led to the slightly bizarre end of minutes silence with crowd clapping...

The heavy debn burr of the speaker didn't help reduce the confusion either...
What a Bummer, someone fron Devon supporting Exeter City.:cool:

old and grey

well you were a lucky lot.Sitting in the top row of Doble, all we got was a full minute of 20 grecianettes laughing and giggling, apparently oblivious to the minutes silence.

iscalad

well you were a lucky lot.Sitting in the top row of Doble, all we got was a full minute of 20 grecianettes laughing and giggling, apparently oblivious to the minutes silence.
I could hear them. Doubt they even knew what was going on.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Good to know that university education isn't wasted! You can't teach common sense.

Suitable punishment for the Grecianettes? .... ;)

ForeverECFC

The Notts county players also looked really confused not knowing weather to clap or not

FAN-TATIC

I don't recall anyone announcing over the PA system that a minutes silence was going to take place. Perhaps if this intent was announced the Grecianettes would have been aware, or at least their supervisor, and they could have avoided the embarrassment. Again there was no intent to be disrespectful on their part, so don't be too hard on them.

iscalad

I don't recall anyone announcing over the PA system that a minutes silence was going to take place. Perhaps if this intent was announced the Grecianettes would have been aware, or at least their supervisor, and they could have avoided the embarrassment. Again there was no intent to be disrespectful on their part, so don't be too hard on them.
Yes it was announced.

papillon

Good to know that university education isn't wasted! You can't teach common sense.

Suitable punishment for the Grecianettes? .... ;)
I am happy to help with the bottom spanking :)

Red the Paper

Banned
I found the poem moving, what I found disrespectful was the c*nt in the Flybe who shouted to him to shut his gob.