• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well done Paul Tisdale and the coaching team

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
for losing to the team who were 92nd out of 92 and for failing to hold a lead for the third time in three game.

Congratulations also on your 13th home defeat of the season (20 league wins in the last 68 league games).

Wonderful tactics again and two points off relegation.

LL

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale is not welcome here anymore yet will sit happily in the dugout next season for us to endure more ****e

Great

hatch4england

Please go now...

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well , Geoffwp and Rae will be on here before very long telling us the result was all just a hoax and we're safe. come on tinters let's be having you!

ExiledUpNorth

I've perhaps had the good fortune to not be able to go to many matches this season, but I was at Chesterfield on Friday, and was listening on the radio today (whilst studying for an exam tomorrow morning...)

For the first 70 minutes, I was shocked (positively) by our performance on Friday. Up until Morsy's sending off, we were superb, but after that we totally lost the plot.

We conceded the equaliser, and then seemed to opt against chasing the win; we continued to pull everyone back for corners despite the extra man, we kept extra men back when attacking corners, and to top it off, we stuck Bennett into midfield. Now, I'm a big fan of his, and think that he's a very tidy player at League 2 level, but only as a limited centre half. When the win is there for the taking, sticking a limited footballer into midfield is not going to generate the creativity needed to grab a goal.

On balance though, there were a number of positives to take from the game, and I honestly thought today wouldn't be a problem for us... and then the line-ups came in.

I would love to know why we changed system, and why Coles was not at centre-back. Yes, he's come in for stick this year, but he was excellant on Friday, as was Grimes. I know Tis has 'made his name' by being tactically creative in the past, and mixing up players, but now is not the time.

So, we go onto Scunthorpe, who if I remember correctly we beat 4-0 away from home, with arguably a weaker squad (on the basis that Richards is better than Gow). Tisdale won't be sacked before the end of the season, but I think he needs to go as soon as it's over.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were so defensive. Where was Grimes from the 11? Gill and Oakley doesn't do it for me whatsoever.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were so defensive. Where was Grimes from the 11? Gill and Oakley doesn't do it for me whatsoever.
Oakley wasn't at the races today yet saw out the 90 minutes while O'Flynn came and went and arguably our best midfielder got all of 10 minutes to make an impression. Inexplicable.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oakley wasn't at the races today yet saw out the 90 minutes while O'Flynn came and went and arguably our best midfielder got all of 10 minutes to make an impression. Inexplicable.
Tis has lost the plot.

Chudleigh Cannon

Can someone please explain the logic when;

you are 1-2 down at home.
There are 30 seconds of extra time left.
YOU have a corner

....and you leave a defender on the half way line....marking nobody! please. someone explain to me why?!

Last edited:

NotDannyColes

Walked right off without clapping the fans as per usual. ****.