• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Tom Parkes

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the problems for footballers is that they have so much spare time on their hands. Resorting to booze and gambling can be a way out of the boredom (which of course is not recommended). I don't know what our club does to limit that problem but I think encouraging the players to study and to join in the community projects would be good
Wasn't there press coverage a year or so ago about the high number of City players who are studying part-time? I presume that is still the case, today.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes. I think that's right. Obviously you can't make a player study, but it's a really positive way for players to spend some of their down time. We've got a university : maybe the club organizes something for the players with them.

ryancooper327

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear..suspended

Grecianpasty

Management should give him a verbal warning added to the 3 match ban. Can't afford to lose anyone this early on in the season for 3 games, especially for something as stupid as violent conduct.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not that surprising, his arm did swing against that Stevenage player's face.

Presumably no sanction, though, for the Stevenage player who pretended to be seriously injured after provoking this by fouling him and pulling his shirt. The Cowleys should sign him up for Lincoln!.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame as from what I've heard he was very solid on Saturday.

Who now, Warren or Aaron Martin.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least one of the games is the Carabao Cup fixture tonight. Warren and Cundy to play, keeping Aaron Martin and Moxey back for the league games?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame as he made the D3D4 Football team of the week last weekend along with Craig Woodman https://twitter.com/d3d4football

So across two TOTW for last weekend we have five different players Ward, Sweeney Parkes Woodman and Law

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I did say on the match day thread that I thought the ref could have red carded him.