• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually quite pathetic the way a fairly minor traffic violation is being used to assassinate our manager.

Old Geoff there wanted the club to play a man that was charged with beating a woman in the high street!

Got to go down as po faced hypocrisy!

fred binneys head

Yeah it’s sad to see that a terrible run of form in the last two months now has loads of people reminding us they always thought he was shit, even when we were top of the league, and his driving ban proves he’s a wrong ‘un.

I think SGC should be sacked, jailed for life and then hanged outside John Lewis so that the public can come and throw tomatoes at him as he walks to the gallows. That’ll learn him for only drawing against Shrewsbury.

STURTZ

Yeah it’s sad to see that a terrible run of form in the last two months now has loads of people reminding us they always thought he was shit, even when we were top of the league, and his driving ban proves he’s a wrong ‘un.

I think SGC should be sacked, jailed for life and then hanged outside John Lewis so that the public can come and throw tomatoes at him as he walks to the gallows. That’ll learn him for only drawing against Shrewsbury.
The depths people will sink to!

The other day some ******** posted pictures of mass murdering war criminals on here (now removed) and likened them to our board of directors.
I was actually wavering against GC but think his explanation of events is a lot more plausible than some of the trumped up bollox spouted on here!

Come on you Gary!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

'Loads of people' is tosh.

There are idiots on both sides of every argument. Doesn't make the other side right though.

Look at it through the objective lens of our results, not Exeweb.

fred binneys head

Yeah, maybe using the word 'loads' was a bit OTT, but my general point was there were no people saying he was shit a few weeks back, but now everything about him is shit and always has been. I get the frustration now, I get the criticism, but for some people to say they thought he was shit even when we were top, and claiming he should be euthanised because he drove a bus into a group of disabled orphans or whatever he did to lose his licence is hilarious (MJP Exeter excepted as they said it then and are currently being proven right).

geoffwp

Actually quite pathetic the way a fairly minor traffic violation is being used to assassinate our manager.

Old Geoff there wanted the club to play a man that was charged with beating a woman in the high street!

Got to go down as po faced hypocrisy!
Ahhh. Happy times memories of Jev and Sam ripping the oppo defence to shreds. If only that glorious duet were still singing for us.
If po faced hypocrisy would get this manager gone then I'll take the hit sturtz.:ROFLMAO:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, maybe using the word 'loads' was a bit OTT, but my general point was there were no people saying he was shit a few weeks back, but now everything about him is shit and always has been. I get the frustration now, I get the criticism, but for some people to say they thought he was shit even when we were top, and claiming he should be euthanised because he drove a bus into a group of disabled orphans or whatever he did to lose his licence is hilarious (MJP Exeter excepted as they said it then and are currently being proven right).
I don't get this criticism. Do you have to have publicly predicted total collapse to notice it and say it's not good enough?

Bat Fastard

That’s how football works - it’s terrible right now, so what if it wasn’t 3 months ago. Don’t really see how one contradicts the other

TotnesGrecian

This is the managerial equivalent of when we signed Nicky Ajose.
what a shout this was

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Honestly MJP needs to be on the recruitment panel for the next manager. GC even had mad Max fooled for a brief while!

But yeh, form changes, results change and it's OK to flex your opinion of a manager with those fluctuations. It seems to me that the GC IN camp are by far the most dogmatic, rigid folk on here.