• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Website Exclusive: Winger Signs

just_dropped_by

Hello Greeks,

Last time I posted it was to take the pee a bit – but now just wanted to let you know about Craig Noone who I believe you’re going to get on loan from us for at least a few months. I think you’ll love him. He can be a cracking little player – very direct and instinctively runs at defenders – the sort of player who makes things happen. He made a big impact with us when he first arrived but then went off the boil a bit but in fairness hasn’t been given a lot of opportunity. I think if he can get a good run of games he could become quite special – so we can both benefit.

In case you’re interested he’ll struggle to get into our side because our new signing Gow is absolute class, Alan Judge on loan again from Blackburn and Sheridan on loan from Celtic who are also quality and Mackie is playing well – even if his finishing is shocking (a cow’s derriere and banjo spring to mind) plus we’ve got the poor man’s answer to Peter Crouch (Rory Fallon) who for some bizarre reason Luggy likes and the talented but sulky & lazy MaClean (who might be shipped out). All of them are probably ahead of Noone in the pecking order – at least for now.

As for us we’re struggling because we’re in a mess at the back & now Luggy has had another bust-up with our best defender (Marcel Seip) who’s been transfer listed. He’s resorted to trying to convert midfielders to Centre-halves to plug the holes which hasn’t worked and also weakens us in the middle. Unless he pulls a couple of defensive rabbits out of the hat via the loan system it’s going to a problem for some time. Even so we have got some genuine quality players (much better than last year) so I honestly think we’ll be OK in the long run although our next two away games are at West Brom & Newcastle so not expecting too much there so there is a danger of getting into a rut.

Anyway – I’m rambling, just wanted to say hope you enjoy mister Noone.

PS………Although I never, ever, want the indignity of being in the same league as you again we don’t really dislike you and generally wish you well (well-ish at least). Certainly there seems to be a good relationship between the players and management teams which makes sense for both our sakes being stuck out in the corner of the football world – just as long as you know your place!!!

Green Arrrrrrrmy !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So?

• Will he start on Saturday?
  • He is here to complement the signing of Fleetwood?
  • Who gets dropped to make way for him?
  • Or will he be used as an impact player, along with Macca or Logan?

Only 2 days before we find out.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Brilliant news....at last someone with the ability to beat the fullback and run at players...

Add Stans and Fleetwood to that and things are starting to look brighter.

Jaffacake

Re: craig noone

Rumor has it thats he's pretty upset that he hasn't played much first team football.

It's a shame because no-one really likes Argyle

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So?

• Will he start on Saturday?
  • He is here to complement the signing of Fleetwood?
  • Who gets dropped to make way for him?
  • Or will he be used as an impact player, along with Macca or Logan?

Only 2 days before we find out.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the bench on Saturday, and we'll bring him on in the 2nd half. However, I think he'll get a regualr place in the starting 11 pretty soon (similar to Fleets last season)

I expect Tis to give him his full debut against Tranmere, as looking at their last two defeats, all of their goals were conceded from crosses into the box.

He'll certainly provide us with a great outlet and I expect Harley to move into the centre of the park when Noone plays.

I can't wait til Saturday now

greenawayr

Pity we don't do that Arsenal thing where the announcer say the players first name and the crowd respond with the players surname.

Announcer - Number 47 Craig...

Crowd - ...

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pity we don't do that Arsenal thing where the announcer say the players first name and the crowd respond with the players surname.

Crowd - ...
MaaaaaaaaaaacAllister!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Crowd - ...
I'll have a go....

Daaaaaaaavvvvviidd! Bo selecta!

greenawayr

MacAllistair isn't number 47, although the Craig David might work if the crowd thought that our new announcer had taken over the chart show for Exeter FM. Dissappointting chart position for Craig David, but Andy Marriott will be dead chuffed with his run at number 1

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we should have offered Wayno a two year deal after all? I'd have been happy with that.
should never have let him go. i echo everyone elses comments about noone. seen him for the ressies and looked dangerous everytime he went forward, just need a right winger now........................