• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We only laugh at the City.........& Argyle

On_The_Beach

Most big rivalries have had 'breaks' - Bristol City and The Gas hate each other,
Can I take issue with the word 'big'? Argyle ain't Bristol City and you certainly ain't Bristol Rovers

As rivalries go, City 'n' Argyle is about as tinpot as it gets.

jmgull

Come on beachy, it's "bigger" than Wrexham v Chester......i reckon.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can I take issue with the word 'big'? Argyle ain't Bristol City and you certainly ain't Bristol Rovers

As rivalries go, City 'n' Argyle is about as tinpot as it gets.
Ah yes, again, I didn't mean big as in the size of the clubs, more the mutual feeling of animosity between two clubs; something your quaint little old village team doesn't get.

The Bristol derby was just an example. What about Sunderland/Newcastle, Blackburn/Burnley, Leeds/Man Utd? All have had/still have gaps in playing each other, but the rivalry is still there :)

Oh and Bristol Rovers really aren't anything special. In terms of size they are marginally bigger than us. They're doing extremely well at the moment and are averaging 7,101 to our 5,547 (and we're not doing that well as you're all at pains to mention).

On_The_Beach

Ah yes, again, I didn't mean big as in the size of the clubs, more the mutual feeling of animosity between two clubs; something your quaint little old village team doesn't get.

The Bristol derby was just an example. What about Sunderland/Newcastle, Blackburn/Burnley, Leeds/Man Utd? All have had/still have gaps in playing each other, but the rivalry is still there :)

Oh and Bristol Rovers really aren't anything special. In terms of size they are marginally bigger than us. They're doing extremely well at the moment and are averaging 7,101 to our 5,547 (and we're not doing that well as you're all at pains to mention).
Hmm. fair points.

<snigger>

argyle-ive

*attendance alert* <<titter>>

Rovers fans are "big" on their attendance fetishes too, something else you have in common

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is embarrassing being sandwiched between two gormless clubs.
Better than being sandwiched between 22nd and 24th in Lge 2.

I see Notts County fired their manager today after failing to beat your shower of sh*te.

Southampton Gull

Better than being sandwiched between 22nd and 24th in Lge 2.

I see Notts County fired their manager today after failing to beat your shower of sh*te.
But the Huddersfield manager has a weeks reprieve :D

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the Huddersfield manager has a weeks reprieve :D
Rather like Buckle;)

23rd:$

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"No one cares about us...we don't like" sorta sums it up.

grecianfaniow

it must be so embarrasing to lose to torquay that the board sack the manager 'priceless', just shows how sh*t everyone automatically think torquay are minnows and should be easy league fodder <GUFFOUR-ONE>