• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Watching the POF at SJP...?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a decent pub just before you turn off into Sidmouth. Got a kids play area but not sure on sky. Someone help me out.
Ramone is right, that's The Bowd. It's very definitely open at the minute - at least it was the last time I drove past - but would very much doubt they've got Sky.

If you're heading towards East Devon I'd recommend The Marine, bang in the centre of Sidmouth seafront, which definitely does have Sky.

https://www.themarinesidmouth.com/

orangeshark

Ramone is right, that's The Bowd. It's very definitely open at the minute - at least it was the last time I drove past - but would very much doubt they've got Sky.

If you're heading towards East Devon I'd recommend The Marine, bang in the centre of Sidmouth seafront, which definitely does have Sky.

https://www.themarinesidmouth.com/
Ah yes, thank you. This is what I was thinking of doing (at least after going on the Sky Sports pub finder!), but your recommendation certainly gives my plan some credence. After all, if the rest of the family gets bored, they can always explore the seafront and town. Cheers!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Would anyone be able to recommend a family friendly pub in east Devon (ideally Honiton or Sidmouth) that has Sky Sports? Due to poor planning, I am on holiday in Devon for the next six days!
Catch the choo choo into SJP ? let the kids walk down to the quay area feed some ducks and walk back game should be well on the way through the second half.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No options for me AT ALL to watch or listen to the game. Pleeeasseeee can some kind person keep the Wembley news coming through on good ol' Exeweb if at all possible.
You will be providing a public service. Bleddy 'ell. Terima kasih and thanks.

ExeterCityLad

Would anyone be able to recommend a family friendly pub in east Devon (ideally Honiton or Sidmouth) that has Sky Sports? Due to poor planning, I am on holiday in Devon for the next six days!
Number 9 / The Bank in Exmouth. It'll be heaving with Exeter fans - And family friendly.

Exmouth probably has the most Exeter City fans outside of Exeter itself.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exmouth probably has the most Exeter City fans outside of Exeter itself.
Exmouth is now the biggest town in Devon after Exeter (Plym**th and T**quay don't count)

ExeterCityLad

Exmouth is now the biggest town in Devon after Exeter (Plym**th and T**quay don't count)
Didn't actually know that, I always thought Paignton was bigger. But Exeter fans are everywhere here - You can tell by how busy the train gets on a match day. I'll be in London so won't be there but all my pals are out for it in town. I know loads are going Bank / Number 9.

Pilot, Farmhouse and York will be jam packed as well like they always are when City are televised, as they were for the PO games.. Unfortunately not family friendly pubs though so doesn't help the original Q

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't actually know that, I always thought Paignton was bigger.
It is, nearly 50K, but part of Torbay - not Devon - since like Plymouth Torbay was made a Unitary Authority in 1998.

Incidentally I see the latest estimate of Exeter's population is 129.8K, a big jump since the last Census, I has always used 115K as my figure for the City but must now revise. On the basis of the old county the hierarchy is Plymouth - Exeter - Torquay - Paignton - Exmouth - Barnstaple - Tiverton.

IndoMike

It is, nearly 50K, but part of Torbay - not Devon - since like Plymouth Torbay was made a Unitary Authority in 1998.

Incidentally I see the latest estimate of Exeter's population is 129.8K, a big jump since the last Census, I has always used 115K as my figure for the City but must now revise. On the basis of the old county the hierarchy is Plymouth - Exeter - Torquay - Paignton - Exmouth - Barnstaple - Tiverton.
So our catchment area must be 200k +?

Swanaldo

No options for me AT ALL to watch or listen to the game.
Can't you stream Radio Devon?