• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Was The Conference So Bad..?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The conference is a shower of s**t, league 2 aint much better, in fact , our current squad would be midtable at best in the conference.
I'd argue that we have nowhere near a strong enough squad to compete in the Conference. Also, dont lose sight of the fact that 15 or so teams we'd be playing would be teams that we've played in the Football League. Okay we'd be losing Luton Town, but imagine the fun of playing Torquay United again?

Jam Doughnut

Back then we were just glad that Exeter city was still alive and the first few seasons were pretty average and frustrating.It was only in the last season and a half that we started looking any good in the conference .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I really enjoyed the Boxing Day game against Torquay. Televised on Setanta, Danny Seaborne sent off, 7 goals and City triumphed 4-3. Only downside was being 1 out on the 50/50 draw which was worth over a £1000.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The bad side of the Conference was we got a few games on TV. I say bad as it included 2 of the most disgraceful 90 minutes ever seen in the history of football (in my opinion) a 0-0 draw at Northwich and the scoreless draw in the FA Cup against Forest Green.
It'll be bad going down.. if we have the same manager it'll be twice as bad.

denzil

..........but then we had Mackie who knew where the goal was !

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
..........but then we had Mackie who knew where the goal was !
Really??????